$3/month prepaid plan and wifi calling questions

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Saw the $3/month prepaid plan. Sounds great except on 30 minutes calling or 30 text messages.

Does that 30 include received calls/texts from others?

Also, if I'm in wifi will my phone automatically just switch to using wifi and then not have minutes/texts count toward the minutes/number of text I get for free?

I'm guessing I'm hoping for too much but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does that 30 include received calls/texts from others?
Yes - sent and received combined.

Also, if I'm in wifi will my phone automatically just switch to using wifi and then not have minutes/texts count toward the minutes/number of text I get for free?
You'd have to ask TMobile, but I'd guess it would, since you're still using their phone equipment to handle the call or text after it gets to them. It's not like web browsing over wifi.

I'm guessing I'm hoping for too much but thought I'd ask. Thanks.
The plan is basically for someone who can't afford a cellphone, even a $30/month prepaid phone, but doesn't want to be without communications. You can call 911 if you need help, and they're giving you a few free texts and calls.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It's worth noting that you can call 911 regardless. You don't even need a SIM card to call 911; as long as your phone can recognize a network and its hardware is capable of placing a call on it, any carrier will always put through a call to an emergency services number.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
You could get Google voice number and use that for your wifi calls.

I have the $30.00 Walmart plan and love it because of the 5gb data which I use to tether laptop tablet.

The 100 minutes calling does not last so I primarily use google voice to make calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non