Original jump 1 users. Did they change the time frame?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why would you want to be able to upgrade every six months? You know with the original jump 1 it doesn't matter what balance you have on your phone too. T-Mobile will pay it off even if you still owe 450 dollars? Jump 2 however, T-Mobile will only cover half of the remaining balance.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
I know.....????

I have Jump 1. I can jump twice a year anytime I want. I said it sucks because it's forcing him to wait 6 months.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
To clarify jump 1 will make you wait 6 months after you last jump upgrade. Not anytime twice in one year. Waiting 6 months is bad? Apart from buying a phone outright? Who offers upgrades anywhere near 6 months? I think it is great

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
To clarify jump 1 will make you wait 6 months after you last jump upgrade. Not anytime twice in one year. Waiting 6 months is bad? Apart from buying a phone outright? Who offers upgrades anywhere near 6 months? I think it is great

That's not how it worked originally. It's not a bad thing but I like it the other way
But either way, no complaints.

I jumped to the s6 in April. I checked my account and it's letting use my 2nd Jump if I want.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

Last edited:

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me recently. Customer care is acting like it's always been this way, but it hasn't been. I joined Jump 1 in Oct 2013, jumped after 6 months, in April 2014, then again in November 2014, third time around the anniversary of my initial 6 month wait, which was April 2015. At that time, I was expecting to have the option to jump again one more time, anytime, until the following April, but now it says I have to wait 6 months. Even more confusing, my account says I have to wait 7 months, until November 2015 (from my first jump this year, April 2015)!! Customer care can't explain that, they just tell me it's six months. When I try to explain that last year I had the option for second jump immediately after my first, they tell me that that was wrong, should have always been 6 months. Clearly something changed and they are not acknowledging it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Jump 1 had a 6 month waiting period when you first joined. Then it's twice in a 12 month period. I used both my jumps 3 months apart... Then I have to wait until the end of July fit it to reset back to 2 jumps.

I was going to ask about it as I'm coming up on my reset date... Curious as to what they'll say.

Doesn't matter though, I'm going to switch to the new JUMP on my next one and just purchase the stand alone $8 insurance. $2 less a month and an extra upgrade... What's the fuss about?

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Jump 1 had a 6 month waiting period when you first joined. Then it's twice in a 12 month period. I used both my jumps 3 months apart... Then I have to wait until the end of July fit it to reset back to 2 jumps.

Right...two over a 12-month period. Not specifically 6 months between, just a 12-month period covering two jumps. But they arbitrarily seemed to have changed it for some of us to force a 6-month period between jumps.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Odd... I do know that when the G4 came out, I checked and my wife's line still said I could jump immediately... So it would have had to have been since then if they changed it.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this also when I call them and ask. And on top of that, I can't check online anymore. It just says whether or not I'm eligible. It used to though.

Posted via the Android Central App