Lollipop bad reception and battery

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been discussed. I recently updated to Lollipop 5.0 and noticed the reception is very poor. I used to get 3 bars before the update, now I am getting no bar most of the time. I also noticed the battery life has been dropped at least 20% compared to before the update.
I wiped the caches and reset to factory after the update. No help. I disabled most of AT&T apps and other apps that I don't use and screen brightness is set to 30%; location is turned off.

Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.

PS: I'll be giving this phone to my sister after I got the S6, but still want it to be in a good shape.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been discussed. I recently updated to Lollipop 5.0 and noticed the reception is very poor. I used to get 3 bars before the update, now I am getting no bar most of the time. I also noticed the battery life has been dropped at least 20% compared to before the update.
I wiped the caches and reset to factory after the update. No help. I disabled most of AT&T apps and other apps that I don't use and screen brightness is set to 30%; location is turned off.

Any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.

PS: I'll be giving this phone to my sister after I got the S6, but still want it to be in a good shape.

Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats for us to look at?

Sir Estafon

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here, since Lollipop 5.0, I get almost no reception anywhere and battery power is sooo poor. I took my phone into AT&T and the tech guy pretty much said to me is to wait for an update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife's updated Note 3 is getting 5 bars of 4G LTE - RSRP=-81, RSRQ=8, SNR=15, with wifi off. (A little better than my 4.4.4 modem.) So I don't think it's the update itself that's causing any sensitivity issues. Maybe a bad update.

Battery charge time going down with all that white on an Amoled screen? That's like complaining about water being wet. Of course it's going to cost power. What was Google thinking? (Or were they thinking at all?)

Beth Casey

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats for us to look at?

I finally figured the cause to my new lack of reception is definitely the recent update. I have to power off and back on to get and service at all. & then it'll inevitably dwindle and I'll have to cycle the power all over again. Is there any hope for a fix? I have yet to ask Verizon about this. Is a factory reset even going to help?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I can see the higher ram usage causing a battery drain possibly. I am happy to say I have seen slightly better battery life since the update. I also did a factory wipe right after the initial install.