Camera settings

michelels72

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
The camera is awesome on the phone! However, I am finding all of the options OVERWHELMING. Does anyone have any tips for what settings to use and when?

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Auto all the time.
Another tip is to hold the shutter down for a second or so for the camera to focus then release to take the shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Zorrion

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
This is is a bit out of pplace but does anyone have any idea how to turn the shutter sound off? i can not find this setting anywhere, it is most probs me being stupid ty. =)

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is is a bit out of pplace but does anyone have any idea how to turn the shutter sound off? i can not find this setting anywhere, it is most probs me being stupid ty. =)

Open camera, touch Gear icon, touch Gear icon again, touch Gear icon again, scroll down and there it is.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I use sport when there's plenty of light and what I'm trying to take a picture of either is or has a high chance of moving (e.g. toddler).

The Rich Tone setting works well if you have very high light contrast. For example if you're trying to take a picture outside of something in the shade. Usually the camera adjusts and makes the light parts look good and the stuff in the shade is really dark. This mode tries to make both look good. You have to hold still for this to work.

I use Auto for just about everything else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty