Bah i'm ready to get 4.3 TODAY (hopefully)

teamfoster03

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can still turn on and off mobil data. The quick toggle is gone thats all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mobile Nations mobile app

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Well my keyboard looks alot sleeker as they changed the font. Also on some apps I have an emoticon button that I've never noticed before. My S4 was double tapping letters before while typing for some reason and that problem has seemed to have disappeared. I also noticed the antivirus which I don't need because I use Advanced Mobile Care by iObit. As for anything else I have yet to notice. I really like the softer font though.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend gets her update today. I checked mine and says no update available. I have an ATT Galaxy S4, however I'm running on StraightTalk via a Tracfone sim card, am I being ignored by the ATT server because of this?

Going crazy as my girlfriend plays with her 4.3 and I can't get it... (Yet?)

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Finally...after 3 attempts and 3 "Software Update Interrupted", 4th time worked. I think I was into "Sunday Nov 17" by then... total of 3 hrs to download. Remember to change your Date and Time back afterwards! Tested all my apps and so far, good. Just one glitch so far: after reinstall and reboot, it lost my saved WiFi login and had to re-enter that. Noticed improvement to text displays on Home Screen and the Clock is easier for my old tired eyes. Today I'm testing battery life to see if better or worse.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Well my keyboard looks alot sleeker as they changed the font. Also on some apps I have an emoticon button that I've never noticed before. My S4 was double tapping letters before while typing for some reason and that problem has seemed to have disappeared. I also noticed the antivirus which I don't need because I use Advanced Mobile Care by iObit. As for anything else I have yet to notice. I really like the softer font though. Posted via Android Central App

Agreed Trosh, some subtle but very nice improvements to default keyboard and to overall UI look/feel.

Erandarr

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Any notice that on the boot up screen it says Samsung custom with the padlock icon unlock. So did this update unlocked th e bootloader or either Samsung or AT&T forgot to relock it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is downloading as I type (719.16 mb of it). Taking a long time to download. Hope it is worth it. I am surprised I had to manually do the update. I was thinking it would happen automatically sometime today.

RYCO13

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
im new to the android market. i have been an iphone guy for the last few years. how do these updates work. i have been checking for the update and changing my date back and forth, but i always get the its up to date. is it by serial number and wait in like kind of thing? i got it 3 weeks ago so i imagine if it is, im so far back in the line.... how long does it usually take for all of them to get it? im on att and just got the gear. i want to make sure it works. I know att rolled out with the update today / yesterday but does it take weeks for them to all get out to att customers? i have heard several different / contrasting things from samsung and att. they tell me one thing then in the same conversation tell me something different. Help?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife was downloading hers tonight when it stopped at about 6MB and said it couldn't be downloaded, and that we couldn't try again for 24 hours. Our wifi connection is solid, so I have no freaking idea what was up with that. Or the 24 hour lockout.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am still waiting. Like a few others I have tried the Date and Time trick several times.

Also, Kies says that my firmware does not support updating through kies... So no help there.

Does anyone have a solution? Also, will the update push itself to my phone and ask if I want to install it, or do I have to manually check?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Running my unofficial battery duration test on 4.3 first day. Seems about the same as 4.2 was yesterday on very similar usage. I'll be happy if battery life is a wash, not worse. Big test starts Sunday when I land in London and roaming begins.

Anyone else have a battery story for 4.3?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(6058706)

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Excellent. Thanks for the tip. Now I don't have to wait till tomorrow. On my 2nd try.

Finally...after 3 attempts and 3 "Software Update Interrupted", 4th time worked. I think I was into "Sunday Nov 17" by then... total of 3 hrs to download. Remember to change your Date and Time back afterwards! Tested all my apps and so far, good. Just one glitch so far: after reinstall and reboot, it lost my saved WiFi login and had to re-enter that. Noticed improvement to text displays on Home Screen and the Clock is easier for my old tired eyes. Today I'm testing battery life to see if better or worse.

RYCO13

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
im new to the android market. i have been an iphone guy for the last few years. how do these updates work. i have been checking for the update and changing my date back and forth, but i always get the its up to date. is it by serial number and wait in like kind of thing? i got it 3 weeks ago so i imagine if it is, im so far back in the line.... how long does it usually take for all of them to get it? im on att and just got the gear. i want to make sure it works. I know att rolled out with the update today / yesterday but does it take weeks for them to all get out to att customers? i have heard several different / contrasting things from samsung and att. they tell me one thing then in the same conversation tell me something different. Help?

Any one know? I have tried several times and I keep getting "your software is up to date" I have tried probably 20 times. Any one?