Same battery consumption issues from jellybean still exists in kitkat

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping with 4.4 kitkat the constant drain wouls of been resolved. Seems like this part of the OS went untouched. I charged my battery to 100% and in less than an hour i already lost 3% without even touching it. Im not setting such a high expectation but this is annoying uploadfromtaptalk1393638971088.jpg

Sent from my Awesome S4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd attribute some of that drain to the widgets and Google services. Both of which can be easily fixed, other than that, it doesn't seem like the OS is causing too much of a drain.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd attribute some of that drain to the widgets and Google services. Both of which can be easily fixed, other than that, it doesn't seem like the OS is causing too much of a drain.

I have now changed my location settings to GPS only and now Google services has dropped from where it shows above down to 3 %. I'm very surprised to see this still exist on this version of the OS come on Google

Sent from my 2014 Note 10.1

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have now changed my location settings to GPS only and now Google services has dropped from where it shows above down to 3 %. I'm very surprised to see this still exist on this version of the OS come on Google

Sent from my 2014 Note 10.1

There are a few options for GPS. I think there is high accuracy, which uses the most battery, and more battery friendly mode. You can use that if you need location services on for some reason, but yeah, that uses a lot of battery and should be turned off when not in use. That helps a lot with the drain

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
As long as. GOOGLE MAPSand other apps that utilize location settings continue to work I'll be happy i know Google now will only partially work. I wish this drain wasnt so harsh lol.

Sent from my Awesome S4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non