I can not get it to work for the life of me! Please help
    09-05-2011 12:42 AM
    I can not get it to work for the life of me! Please help
    It can be a bit of a pain, but I'll try and help as much as I can.

You first have to configure it online. If you haven't done that, you'll need to log on from a PC.

Once you've logged in, you'll need to click on the "settings" icon (it's the little gear icon) on the top right hand corner of the google voice page. Then click on "voice settings."

You should see several areas to click on (Phones, Voicemail & Text, Calls, Groups, Call Widgets, Billing, Account.)

If you don't see all of those, and just see "billing," then it means you haven't configured it yet. You'll need to go to the left hand menu (the one that looks like a list) and select one of those options. I don't remember which one, but I think it was the last. You should then get the prompt to setup your account.

Even if you'd already set it up, but hadn't configured, that's the link you'll need to click. Follow the prompts and it should setup a "test" call to your phone. There's also a code you need to enter on your phone.

Once the test call has been done, and you've entered the code on your phone, then you need to look at your settings. I'm going to assume, for the purpose of this post, that you chose to forward the google voice number to your already existing phone number.

Under the "Phones" tab it says "Forward Calls to:"

You'll want to check off "Mobile." That's all i checked off because I don't want to receive multiple notifications of voice mails.

Click the "Voicemail and Text" tab and set up as you like.

Do the same for the rest of the tabs.

On your mobile phone, you'll need to go to the Market and Download the Google Voice App.

Once you've done that, go ahead and open it up and follow the prompts in order to configure it on your phone. That part is kind of confusing because it will, lastly, take you to a setup screen where you choose your voice mail number. It doesn't really matter what you do for this. You can put your regular number or google voice. Depending on which you want your mobile phone to call by default. But after that, all you have to do is exit out of those screens using the BACK button.

Now when someone calls your google voice number, your mobile phone should ring.

I'm not sure which part you are having trouble with, but you are more than welcome to email me and maybe I can call or text you through it.

It is a little confusing. I had to offer a little help to a couple of friends and their "how to's" can be a little difficult to navigate through, but if you click around enough, you should find the answer(s) to your questions. again, if you need help, let me know.
    Duard likes this.
    09-05-2011 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD