Infuse: Poor Wireless G/N performance

SirEbrum

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Color me stumped....

ATT Infuse, stock ROM, running Speedtest.net app and seeing ~2.1 Mbps down/4.8 up. Using the same Netgear WNDR3700 router, using my Wireless-G Dell 630 laptop I see 21 Mbps down, and 5 up. Both tests are within 10 feet of the router. Using CH11 here as everyone else within reach is down at Ch. 1 and 6.

Why am I seeing such a huge difference between the two? Is the radio in the Infuse that bad? Is there an app that lets me see how I'm connected to the router (negotiated speed or G vs. N)?

Or is this normal for the Infuse?

I only found out about this when my friend brought over his HTC Thunderbolt and showed me the app that I was only familiar with on the PC before then. He was hitting over 7Mbps off of my router, which he said was "low", as he normally hits 14 Mbps off of his WNDR3700 at home.

Any ideas or tips?

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have virtually the same setup along with the WNDR3700. Are you on the 2.4 or 5 channel? My phone connects to the 5 Ghz and I get over 12 mbits/s download but there are quite a few variables like what may be running on the phone at the time you run the test. I used the stock browser to run my test. Try doing the test after a fresh power down/up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member