New Google Music App Error. Please help.

ryker002

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I installed the new music app the day it came out. And to my disappointment when I tried to sign in to get my online song database. Well, it's as simple as I couldn't. For some reason when the App trys to connect me to a account nothing shows up. Just a blank screen and i have let the App try to find the account for awhile. With no luck. Can anyone help me please?

LPPanther

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I installed the new music app the day it came out. And to my disappointment when I tried to sign in to get my online song database. Well, it's as simple as I couldn't. For some reason when the App trys to connect me to a account nothing shows up. Just a blank screen and i have let the App try to find the account for awhile. With no luck. Can anyone help me please?

Same thing here :/ I read a review on the marketplace that said you have to have Gingerbread. Doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty angry. I bought this phone with the intention of using Google Music and was told the Gingerbread update would be out in a matter of weeks. That was in May. This is starting to become ridiculous.

ryker002

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Amen to that, its sad because now since their are better phones out I think the update has become low priority for the infuse. Someday though, patience is all it takes then we will have it in no time. Till then, Its best to stick with a normal MP3 player I suppose. Thanks for your help

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I had encountered the same issue, and reported it to the Google music team. They responded. See below. If they are working on a fix, perhaps it's not a Gingerbread issue.

from Google Music Support digitalcontent-support@google.com
to Michael Lavoie
date Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM
subject Re: [#911861851] Google Music
mailed-by google.com
signed-by google.com
Important mainly because it was sent directly to you.

hide details 9:24 PM (2 hours ago)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. Your email was forwarded my way for further
investigation. We're aware of an issue specifically affecting the Samsung
Infuse and are working on a fix.

If possible, could you let me know whether this is occurring when you're
using 4G or Wifi (or both)?

Thanks for providing this information.

Regards,

Steve
The Google Music Team

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The google music app works fine on my rooted infuse with 2.2.1, so i know for sure gingerbread is not required. I downloaded a bunch of the free songs and it works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

kubuli

May 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone wouldn't retain my login for "music beta" & "Google +", and i couldn't save music to play offline. Google's customer service told me to unmount the sd card and uninstall/install "music beta"; but this didn't work. So I finally did a factory data reset and now they both work great. it's just a pain because i had to reinstall all my apps.

robjob19

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have same issue, anybody know of fixes for this yet? Did anyone else have luck with the factory reset? i hate to do that but may be willing to to get at my music.

Also my issue may be that under accounts and sync I don't see music.. does music show up in this menu for those whose apps are working?

Last edited:

robjob19

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So after an extensive email chain with the Google Music Team, they similarly acknowledged the problem to me.

The only fix they noted was to do a factory reset -- it worked for me. Alternatively, they said a 'fix was coming' with no ETA.

If you do the reset be prepared to redo all of your customization!

Good luck!

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Had the same conversation and outcome with the Google Music team. I have no interest at this time of doing a factory reset just to get this feature to work. I can live without it for the time being. Any music that want/need on my phone I'll move over manually using the USB cable.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine has always worked fine from the beginning. All my music is on googles servers. I stream it all the time, knock on wood. And I wasn't rooted before. I rooted a month ago but it still works and I'm stock rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Had the same conversation and outcome with the Google Music team. I have no interest at this time of doing a factory reset just to get this feature to work. I can live without it for the time being. Any music that want/need on my phone I'll move over manually using the USB cable.

I have given up on Google Music. A factory reset is not on my plans. I know that the app has worked well for some people, but I have never been able to have the app remember my log-in information. I tried 2 different accounts and everything recommended in the "Known Issues" page. I talked with Google Support countless times. When this most recent update came up, I was excited things would work. Now, it's gotten worse. I cannot even log in! Upon further reading, I see that Google Music will only hold 20,000 tracks of my personal library. Since I'm looking for a way to keep and have all my tracks available, that won't work. Just my Brazilian music library is nearly 30,000 tracks (and it continues growing). I'll continue relying on Orb, especially since it reads my hard drive and all smart playlists I have created in iTunes. Lately, though, even Orb has taken a second seat for me. Spotify is my music app.

robjob19

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

I too was hesitant to do a factory reset, then I remembered one of the key awesome android features is the web based app store.

After doing the reset I was able to reinstall all of my apps with a few clicks via the web based interface since my google accout is tied to the phone the app store remembered which apps I had associated with my phone, hence I was able to factory reset and spend minimal time on downloading apps.
Just a tip for those who think redownloading all their apps via the phone would be too tedious.
Redoing other customizations post reset was still a bit time consuming :)

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just an update...after having rooted my phone (running Infused 2.2.3). Google Music is now able to connect and synch to the cloud. So everything is good there. It was one of two things which caused this to work:

1. Rooting itself caused some setting or app to be reset.
2. My wife and I synch google Calendars. Her account was removed from my synch options.

In any event, I'm able to take advantage of the full application.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have same issue, anybody know of fixes for this yet? Did anyone else have luck with the factory reset? i hate to do that but may be willing to to get at my music.

Also my issue may be that under accounts and sync I don't see music.. does music show up in this menu for those whose apps are working?

I had the same problem. It was maddening. And Google Music team was awesome for a while, but then they were stumped and gave up! Factory Reset did indeed fix it, but it's such pain getting my phone re-dialed with apps and settings, etc.