Interesting info about OTA patch update

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
In the wikipedia for samsung infuse 4g, It says

'Samsung Infuses with "Kernel 2.6.32.9" blocks Kies Mini from being able to update to Android 2.3.6 "Gingerbread". An over the air patch should be released by 2/8/2012 to fix this issue.'

If this is right, no wonder GTG unbrick is not working for kies mini right now since samsung blocked it.

I guess we have to wait 4 more days? But I'm still have doubt, huge doubt.

Last edited:

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
In the wikipedia for samsung infuse 4g, It says

'Samsung Infuses with "Kernel 2.6.32.9" blocks Kies Mini from being able to update to Android 2.3.6 "Gingerbread". An over the air patch should be released by 2/8/2012 to fix this issue.'

If this is right, no wonder GTG unbrick is not working for kies mini right now since samsung blocked it.

I guess we have to wait 4 more days? But I'm still have doubt, huge doubt.

I have been trying to find the source of that information of the OTA patch update since I just found it. Who wrote that? It would have been nice if the editor who wrote that bit of the article included a source so I wouldn't have to waste my time trying to find it myself.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to find the source of that information of the OTA patch update since I just found it. Who wrote that? It would have been nice if the editor who wrote that bit of the article included a source so I wouldn't have to waste my time trying to find it myself.

No source? Hmm, that does not sound reliable, does it? :)

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll believe it when my phone reboots in the morning and I check for a firmware update and there is one. That will be the day. LOL