Infuse goes dark, heats up and blows through battery

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This has been happening nearly once a day for me. My phone will lock up, screen goes dark and it does not respond. I have to either hold in the power button till it reboots, or pull the battery.

Afterwards, more often than not the phone gets very warm, and goes through batter juice very quickly.

Sometimes it will keep functioning, more or less normally, but get warm and go through the battery quickly.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts about what it could be?

cacattack

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If it just started I would assume it's an app that has recently been downloaded and is crashing. Try removing the last 5 apps you installed and see if that cures the issue, if so then install one at a time and see which is the bad app then delete.

I had this problem once about 6 months ago from some game I downloaded, once deleted I have not had the issue again

InfuseSteps

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
If it just started I would assume it's an app that has recently been downloaded and is crashing. Try removing the last 5 apps you installed and see if that cures the issue, if so then install one at a time and see which is the bad app then delete.

I had this problem once about 6 months ago from some game I downloaded, once deleted I have not had the issue again

i did the same thing a few weeks ago and it fixed the problem for me

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

I have not installed any new apps, but I have updated several; problem is I don't think I can keep track of which ones were updated when.

ateebtk

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, it got sooooo hot that it would even smell funny lol, I just rooted my phone and am running a different rom now. Hasn't happened since

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
That happened to me often. I'd be using the Music Player and then suddenly it would freeze and then go dark and reset itself or just turn off. Sometimes, it'd be in my pocket and have turned itself off and I'd notice that it was off only after I had taken it out to use it.

I actually called AT&T about it and they wanted to blame it on the battery. Haha, nice try. This is my 2nd Infuse and the exact same thing was happening on the previous one too. I'm pretty sure this is something with the Infuse - I'm hoping that when the official Gingerbread ROM is released (not that "would have been official" UCKL2 one a few weeks ago), this problem gets fixed.