Infuse too big?

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong but is a 4.5 in. screen a little too big. Do people really want to carry that thing around?

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong but is a 4.5 in. screen a little too big. Do people really want to carrie that thing around?

No its not to big , yes i would love to carry it around... And to big is in the eye of the beholder. i wish they had it available for verizon.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
IT might not be too big...but if it's not super thin it will be crowding it. I think 4.3 is a great size. Maybe just straight 4. Anything bigger a tablet is in order as you just want that much realestate to watch movies and whatnot usually.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I think is just too big. My friend has the HTC Evo and I think that size just superpasses a "practical" smartphone size. The current Samsung Galaxy S size is the best size (not too small lime the iPhone but not too big like the EVo)

Chester - iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The bezel looks very thin, and the EVO has a bigger bezel, so ultimately I think it will be about the same size but with a bigger screen and thinner body. If you are okay with a 4.3", why not get a 4.5" in an even thinner package? The height may be a minor issue.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
IT might not be too big...but if it's not super thin it will be crowding it. I think 4.3 is a great size. Maybe just straight 4. Anything bigger a tablet is in order as you just want that much realestate to watch movies and whatnot usually.

OLEDs are thin as it is, the difference between a regular AMOLED and a sAMOLED is the way it is structured and sAMOLED is built even thinner. look at this thread look at the pictures of the televisions i took them from the front and then i took a picture of the profiles they are virtually nonexistent and these are just regular AMOLED

http://forum.androidcentral.com/oth...54344-amoleds-foleds-toleds-woleds-oh-my.html

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
i have the droid x and i thought the phone was big at first, now i consider it small, a 4.5" screen would def be nice.

mediq91

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I would consider the phone to be a alright size. I look at it this way. I am glad that it isnt a 5 inch plus phone like the Dell Streak is. I say anything larger then 4.5 is pusing it to where it shouldnt be a phone but strictly a tablet.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have the Evo and after having it for almost six months, I don't really think I'll ever get a phone that big again. It's all based on the opinion of the person who is holding the phone, but for me, 4 inches is the biggest I'll go in the future with 3.7 being the smallest with the only exception being an iPhone (3.5 because of the retina display).

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The Dell Streak could be smaller since it has such a big bezel. The most obvious benefit of a bigger screen is more space to interact with or touch. My finger covers two letters at a time when I type on a narrow 3.3" screen and tapping links on websites will become a whole lot easier with a bigger screen. General input precision will improve dramatically, and even though resolution remains largely the same, bigger phones mean the standard text size will become smaller to allow for more things on screen, like how the Dell UI looks.

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Although your points are well taken, I must say that I found out resolution plays an enormous part in phone interaction. I have an EVO, but believe it or not, my iPod Touch 4 feels way more useable (maybe because my [I don't know about other people's] EVO is laggy for whatever reason). I don't know, it all depends on opinion of course, but for some reason, I've lost interest in bigger screens than 4 inches lately. However, maybe the Infuse will feel different? :)

So it is a feeling and you can't really put your finger on it? The lagginess shouldn't be at all related to screen size, as a 2.8" will perform the same as a 5" as long as the resolution stays the same. The usability just by sheer size of surface area for touching and readability of a bigger screen cannot be ignored. I don't think your issue has anything to do with the screen size.

mediq91

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
And here is the other thing. Some people may like the larger screen for example if someone is going to watch a lot of videos or a people are going to be looking at pictures a lot (I.E. Photographer, Graphic Designer, someone like that) would like it because they are going to be able to see everything and not have it all scrunched into a really small area.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You're misunderstanding. I'm not talking about lagging, I'm talking about overall usability. It's my fault though since I merged two topics by accident. What I wanted to say is that I felt that the screen resolution on my iPod Touch made it feel much larger.

Gosh, looking at my original post, I have no idea what I was thinking! lol my bad, guys, I'm trying to express my own opinion, not attacking other peoples :)

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You're misunderstanding. I'm not talking about lagging, I'm talking about overall usability. It's my fault though since I merged two topics by accident. What I wanted to say is that I felt that the screen resolution on my iPod Touch made it feel much larger.

Gosh, looking at my original post, I have no idea what I was thinking! lol my bad, guys, I'm trying to express my own opinion, not attacking other peoples :)

It's okay to express your opinion. I'm not attacking you either. It is just that I wanted to point out a contradiction in your original post because, like you said, you started talking about lag for some reason, and you can't have a real discussion without being reasonably critical.

I also think the retina display is nice too, but it is subjective whether or not the extremely high pixel density is better than a bigger screen. Most people won't notice the difference in density from day to day usage at a far enough viewing distance. My 3.3" Samsung is even smaller than the iPhone screen, and is 480x800, so it is plenty dense as well. The real difference you may be noticing is either the quality of the display (the Evo is pretty middling) or the way the pixels are utilized. The Iphone 4 has its entire system optimized for its high resolution display and it makes text very nice and round and crisp and has superfine high-res icons and well formatted apps. Android runs the gamut, even as low as 320x240, so who knows how well each indivdual element is doing to take advantage of bigger prime real estate.