Looking for new Phone

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade, and am looking to switch from my iPhone to an Android phone sold by AT&T. Here are my requirements for the phone:
1. ICS or JB
2. Decent battery life (get me through the day with moderate use, I would wish to have at least 30% by the end of the day).
3. Good build quality (something I would enjoy holding in my hand, I don't mind Samsung's plasticky stuff)
4. I'm currently trying to decide between the Samsung Galaxy S III, HTC One X+, or possibly (but least likely) LG Optimus G.
5. I DON'T MIND WAITING FOR A NEW SET OF PHONES TO COME OUT THIS SPRING IF THAT'S THE MOST OPTIMAL SOLUTION!
Thanks in advance to whoever replies.

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ive had numerous androids in the past and - i just upgraded from a sammy ii and went with the lg optimus g. Im quite shocked at how much i enjoy this phone- just saying might be worth a second look before you make final decision :)
Happy upgrade!

Sent from my LGOG using Tapatalk 2

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to AT&T and decided to get the HTC One X+. I must say that I'm impressed with this phone. It comes with JB right out the box and the battery is pretty good. I take my phone off the charger before work and don't have to charge it back up until later that night before I go to bed. The build quality on the HOX+ is great. It's a little on the thin side to me (I'm coming from a GNex with extended battery) but it feels solid.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered the note 2? Just like the s3 except better processor, screen, etc. it may be to big for your liking. If so, I'd vote gs3. There's a reason they are selling 190,000 per day right now.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I got the One X+ last month, coming from the Inspire. It is crazy fast, and the 64GB of on-board storage seems to be plenty.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind waiting MWC is around the corner. Wait and see what is announced.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Alright I had one x now have s3...
One x
Pros: best display, amazing camera, decent battery, build quality
Cons: only 1gb of ram which is unacceptable with sense! No removable battery or sd card..
S3
Pros: battery life, removable sd, battery, 2gb ram this thing flies!
Cons pentile, to each his own.. personal ly I dont mind but do miss slcd2 screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Alright I had one x now have s3...
One x
Pros: best display, amazing camera, decent battery, build quality
Cons: only 1gb of ram which is unacceptable with sense! No removable battery or sd card..
S3
Pros: battery life, removable sd, battery, 2gb ram this thing flies!
Cons pentile, to each his own.. personal ly I dont mind but do miss slcd2 screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

On a side note, my brother has a Galaxy S3, and his battery life is terrible, it died overnight! Any ways to fix that?

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Idk really I am stock jellybean 4.1.1 and after update I factory reset and average about 3hrs screen on using late all day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JAStark27

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade, and am looking to switch from my iPhone to an Android phone sold by AT&T. Here are my requirements for the phone:
1. ICS or JB
2. Decent battery life (get me through the day with moderate use, I would wish to have at least 30% by the end of the day).
3. Good build quality (something I would enjoy holding in my hand, I don't mind Samsung's plasticky stuff)
4. I'm currently trying to decide between the Samsung Galaxy S III, HTC One X+, or possibly (but least likely) LG Optimus G.
5. I DON'T MIND WAITING FOR A NEW SET OF PHONES TO COME OUT THIS SPRING IF THAT'S THE MOST OPTIMAL SOLUTION!
Thanks in advance to whoever replies.

Personally you should take a look at the Sony Xperia Z. No word on carrier's and everything but I am willing to bet AT&T gets it. The phone is sick looking as well as great features. One of the best camera's out there on a phone as well as water and dust proof. Very nice screen as well as the quad core snap dragon cpu. I would wait if I was you. Too bad I'm on Verizon. We don't ever get these awesome phone's. Its all Droid Droid and more Droid. Looking to switch when my contract is up in june.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for whatever Sony phone AT&T decides to pick up. The new Xperias look really nice.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
He should check to see whether he has apps that sync at regular intervals & change settings if that's the case. Email, social media & news apps suck battery life if they're constantly syncing in the background. He could also install Juice Defender. It extends battery life by shutting down unnecessary activity when the phone is idle, but you'll still receive calls, alerts, email, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums