Question Looking for an app for work

rsaylr1

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Hello,
I'm new here and I'm looking for an app.. an app with some specific but not absurd features. I figured it would be common enough but I find there are so many apps and with so many features I just can't find one that meets my needs...

So.. a little background.

I work at a job where I sit at a bench and polish different injection molds all the time. Some are done in hours some in days. The molds sometimes come in cycles, like mold x comes in January and not again until July.. others come more frequently and others only once.. there is lots of variety. I need the ability to look back and see when and how long it took the last time or before... And info about the job.

Features I'm looking for:

1) track my weekly hours in general as well as hours per mold.
2) save pictures of the molds with descriptions and information.
3) add links in time sheet to the specific pictures
4) searchable to find when a mold was polished before
5) viewable by day, week, month, etc.

I don't think that's too unrealistic, but I'm not a developer.. lol. Basically just a time clock app (lots available) with ability to link to picture database (local) can't find anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. Everything but the time tracking... Seems like a simple Notes app would be able to do this. Something like EverNote or even Samsung Notes could store pics of your projects with descriptions of the work, items can be exported in different formats, would be searchable by keywords within the note or by date. I'm not 100 on what you mean viewable by day, week or month? Would that be the same as being searchable by date? Anyway other features these apps offer is online access and editing, so you wouldn't have to do it all on your device but you can do things like take photos on the device and then do furthering editing on laptop or PC. As for your hours maybe Samsung would have an advantage in that you could do it on your calendar and then import that to your notes somehow??? I think EverNote also integrates with Google Calendar but I've never tried it personally.

rsaylr1

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
VidJunky,
Thanks for your reply. Reading it makes me realize not everyone can see the thoughts in my head. Lol. It was clear to me! XD...

Imagine a calendar app. You can view it by the year, or month, week or day...

Everyday would start with a screen to enter:

start work time
new job ?
Continue job ?
End job ?
end work time.

At the end of the day that info would go into it's daily view page.

Daily view

1/1/24
Monday
4:30 am (Time in (main clock starts))
4:30 am Start job A (2nd clock starts)

{"A" is a job number say 55-24-100... That would also be a clickable link that goes to a folder tree with a "page" that has a picture of the job, notes and a list of every other time that job has been entered in a day.}

12:00 pm finish job A
(2nd clock stops and 7.5 hours is logged to job A's page and the date is added to the "last time it was completed")

12:00 pm start job B (2nd clock starts over)
{Job B, like job A would be a number linked to a page...}

3:00 pm clock out end of day
(1st clock stops and 10 hours <minus 30 minutes lunch> is logged for 1/1/24, clock 2 stops and 3 hours logged to job B)

Weekly view....

Total hours worked (clock 1 total)
Jobs worked on:
Job A 7:00 hours
Job B 3:00 hours
Etc...
Etc..

Monthly view...

Total hours worked..
Jobs....(linking to the "page" so you could see the days it was worked on)

You get the idea.. each view (Y,M,W) would be configurable to show as much or little info as you wanted...since it would be just adding variables and displaying them.. and linking to "pages"..

I could have probably programmed this in basic but I have no idea for Android. Lol

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you're looking for a CMMS type application. Are you willing to pay for the app?

I found this app, https://www.getmaintainx.com/?campa...zaBE8Zp1FzRsbhWlskSqYKhgXe6t7p0caAsJCEALw_wcB
I was going to say that it's something companies use but I guess small businesses and independent contractors might use them too. Not sure how many of these appear on the Play Store but I feel like what you want is a CMMS app.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000