Roll over Data

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure someone has thought of this before. How about roll over data like they do with unused minutes

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've always said they should... But they won't. They like the $ to much.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Sprint at the moment.
How much is the bill usually for one phone 450min unlimited text and 5GB data ?
I was going to jump ship with Sprint and go to Atnt. They are strong in my area.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint at the moment.
How much is the bill usually for one phone 450min unlimited text and 5GB data ?
I was going to jump ship with Sprint and go to Atnt. They are strong in my area.

That would be 120 a month before taxes I believe.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. That's what I'm paying on Sprint but the service is very slow even on LTE.
I'm only getting 2mg download speed.
I been with Sprint awhile but it's getting on my nerves.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. That's what I'm paying on Sprint but the service is very slow even on LTE.

If the price is the same, and att has better service in your area, it may be worthwhile to make the jump.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure someone has thought of this before. How about roll over data like they do with unused minutes

I've thought about this before. It would be a great idea. It might even help the whole crowded network issue with them a bit, as some groups would be busy trying to collect rollover data at any given time.

But they'd lose money on this so they won't do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

atistang

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

When I was on sprint I would have killed for that speed lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've thought about this before. It would be a great idea. It might even help the whole crowded network issue with them a bit, as some groups would be busy trying to collect rollover data at any given time.

But they'd lose money on this so they won't do it.

Lose money? You paid for the data.. If you didn't use it you basically gave them extra cash.

So it's okay for them to take extra cash for data you use but not roll over the data you paid for and didn't use? They love customers with your train of thought lol :).

They could easily put an expiration on it as well so people couldn't stock pile for along time.. Just like rollover minutes.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Lose money? You paid for the data.. If you didn't use it you basically gave them extra cash.

So it's okay for them to take extra cash for data you use but not roll over the data you paid for and didn't use? They love customers with your train of thought lol :).

They could easily put an expiration on it as well so people couldn't stock pile for along time.. Just like rollover minutes.

When did I say it was okay? I don't recall toucing on the ethics of how they charge for data.

Rollover data eliminates some money that comes from overages. If I'm on a 3GB plan and I'm about to go over, under the rollover plan, I may or may not have a bank of GBs that keeps my bill from going from $30 to $40. They can charge you 10 bucks even if you go over by only 20MB. I'm sure that as a company, they like that more than having you pay $30 for 3GBs, not using it all, and then having a safety net for the following months.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When did I say it was okay? I don't recall toucing on the ethics of how they charge for data.

Rollover data eliminates some money that comes from overages. If I'm on a 3GB plan and I'm about to go over, under the rollover plan, I may or may not have a bank of GBs that keeps my bill from going from $30 to $40. They can charge you 10 bucks even if you go over by only 20MB. I'm sure that as a company, they like that more than having you pay $30 for 3GBs, not using it all, and then having a safety net for the following months.

Ah it thought you meant it would hurt them and cause them to lose money.. You mean they'd lose the extra cash they bank on the small overages.

Pretty much I agree they would rather do this.. Just doesn't seem right.

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Ah it thought you meant it would hurt them and cause them to lose money.. You mean they'd lose the extra cash they bank on the small overages.

Pretty much I agree they would rather do this.. Just doesn't seem right.

I don't care about whether anything hurts them or not. They aren't exactly the most customer friendly company out there.

But the money isn't in the minutes anymore. It's in data.

And unlike when they offered rollover minutes, they don't have to compete in quite the same way so they won't.

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
If you could ever pitch this to AT&T it would be crazy, they'll never go for it. I work for AT&T lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2