AT&T: When is open enrollment for mobile insurance?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering when AT&T has open enrollment to sign up for insurance. Is it usually just once a year? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: When is open enrollment for mobile insurance?

Never heard of that. It's usually like 30 days within device purchase. Or 7 days lol. I use square trade. If you have an iPhone then apple care works well. Just no replacing stolen phones.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

They had an open enrollment earlier this year. However I always found the insurance to be a waste of money. Cheaper to just get a Nexus device with the $200 deductible.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

Open Enrollment is right now. All of February. Note: I work in a corporate store.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Open Enrollment is right now. All of February. Note: I work in a corporate store.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is there any where online (when I sign into my account) that notifies me of open enrollment now? I've talked to Att reps via phone and chat and they all say there isn't open enrollment now. Thanks !

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Is there any where online (when I sign into my account) that notifies me of open enrollment now? I've talked to Att reps via phone and chat and they all say there isn't open enrollment now. Thanks !

I'll be darned, this page has a banner that says Open Enrollment is now until March 31 2014

AT&T Smart Controls: AT&T Mobile Insurance

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks :) just to be cautious and I'm assuming that it wouldn't but would adding insurance affect any grandfathered features on my plan? Thanks ! I just know ANY change may allow Att to mess with ones plan.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks :) just to be cautious and I'm assuming that it wouldn't but would adding insurance affect any grandfathered features on my plan? Thanks ! I just know ANY change may allow Att to mess with ones plan.

It won't. It'll just add the monthly fee to whichever plan you currently have.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It won't. It'll just add the monthly fee to whichever plan you currently have.

1. It's now March 31st for any devices that any AT&T store would sell for open enrollment.
2. It's just a feature. You can add it now, remove it at any time. It will not affect any other rates on the account.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was in a corp. store tonight setting up my Nexus 5 and they offered the insurance to me. I declined but it was offered. As was for my sons unlocked Moto G I got direct from Motorola.

Just an FYI...

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress