Unlimited Data Possible Come Back

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for many years, but work give me an ATT Phone which as we all know can dance circles around Sprint in terms of data speed.

I have unlimited data with Sprint. I am by no means a data hog (That is what the work phone is for.) LOL But I like to be able to use my personal phone as I wish and not have to worry about a meter.

Yesterday I called ATT to see select my plan I told them up front on the phone it was down to them and TMobile. They gave me a price of the plan which was $30 higher than TMobile.

I asked ATT say I give you 5 extra a month to an even 99.00 a month can you give me unlimited data like TMobile does. I really want to be with ATT but do not want to watch a meter.

Instead of getting the standard no the lady actually told me to hold on. I was on hold 10 minutes but she came back and said I have checked with all resources and finally found one that can give it you on one line but if you add any lines you have to use shared data.

My question back to her was if you can do this why are you not rubbing TMobile's face with it and bring it back? She of course had no answer for that.

So my question to the AC board is do you think it will get that heated they will make a come back with unlimited data? And for the record no I am still with Sprint did not take her up on the offer I was still too uneasy since it is not public come back of unlimited data.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for many years, but work give me an ATT Phone which as we all know can dance circles around Sprint in terms of data speed.

I have unlimited data with Sprint. I am by no means a data hog (That is what the work phone is for.) LOL But I like to be able to use my personal phone as I wish and not have to worry about a meter.

Yesterday I called ATT to see select my plan I told them up front on the phone it was down to them and TMobile. They gave me a price of the plan which was $30 higher than TMobile.

I asked ATT say I give you 5 extra a month to an even 99.00 a month can you give me unlimited data like TMobile does. I really want to be with ATT but do not want to watch a meter.

Instead of getting the standard no the lady actually told me to hold on. I was on hold 10 minutes but she came back and said I have checked with all resources and finally found one that can give it you on one line but if you add any lines you have to use shared data.

My question back to her was if you can do this why are you not rubbing TMobile's face with it and bring it back? She of course had no answer for that.

So my question to the AC board is do you think it will get that heated they will make a come back with unlimited data? And for the record no I am still with Sprint did not take her up on the offer I was still too uneasy since it is not public come back of unlimited data.

Probably a good move. Anything the sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Like you, I am not much of a data hog, but I dislike being concerned about the data limit. I think it would be smart if AT&T stepped up the game for unlimited. I personally don't think AT&T's prices would be so bad if the data had no cap. Or as a compromise, revamp the tiers. Keep the prices the same but the first tier is 5 GB.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked that they did it.. You got the right rep. They aren't supposed to at all.. Ever.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am shocked that they did it.. You got the right rep. They aren't supposed to at all.. Ever.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
+1 that should of never happened.

@njt462
No no no ATT wont bring back unlimited , Their network cant handle it.
I came from Sprint went ATT for over a year finding them to be a great company as far as coverage & CS , I made 3GB cap plan 107.00 a month work but found myself always using wifi so cap wouldn't be exceeded.
A couple weeks ago electricity outage occurred in my area due to winter storm no wifi available for many hours.

That my friend was my wake up call.
Last Saturday I made move to T-mobile 70.00 unlimited everything no data use worries.
6 days later I'm at 3.29 GB data used.

Enough said

hmm maybe not.
I'm not bashing ATT , Coming from Sprint they were a joy & finally able to enjoy some LTE speed was a major positive.
Their caps can be a chore to work with so be careful if you go that direction

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan on AT&T still and I personally average 1GB -2GB of data usage and this is even when I am at home using data instead of Wifi lol ( My wifi is around 15 MBPS down and 1 up ugh time warner cable ) which is faster with its 20-25 mbps down and about 5-10 mbps up which I love... That being said I could probably live on a data cap and save money... What they should do is what they do with the unlimited data plans. If you buy the 4 GB data share plan you all can use the 4GB data plan but once you hit the cap they throttle you for the rest of the month vs charging you extra ( lol so much money lost but oh well I could wish).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays