1.26.502.15 ota update for att htc one

J Laino

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I've spammed both the att software update rand the one in the settings many times and have not yet gotten the update. When I'm in the settings updater it says no updates are available and the att one does nothing, it checks then disappeared. And ideas or help?

jmartinez128

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem and kept trying and then started getting a message about having to wait 23 hours to check again so I changed the date on the phone to two days ahead. I check for software updates and then I was able to download the update. The first update I got was a 20MB update which updated me to the .12 software and then I changed the date ahead another two days and then got the latest update to 1.26.502.15.

Try to change the date and tell us if it works.

J Laino

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tried that... A lot... Keeps checking every time I turn my phone on. I am already on .12 whatever tho I'll go complain to att ;)

Eman79

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying this update for a month! Is it still OTA? My phone checks few times a day on it's own but just stays checking.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

PatriotGyrl

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this problem. I have tried to get it OTA, the phone never finds it. So I tried to install manually with HTC Sync manager, and Sync manager won't work. I have tried on 2 different computers, one is win7 and the other is win 8. Sync manager opens up and quickly closes, never allowing any interactions. I have attempted to run as admin in older windows compatibility, and still nothing. What gives?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this problem. I have tried to get it OTA, the phone never finds it. So I tried to install manually with HTC Sync manager, and Sync manager won't work. I have tried on 2 different computers, one is win7 and the other is win 8. Sync manager opens up and quickly closes, never allowing any interactions. I have attempted to run as admin in older windows compatibility, and still nothing. What gives?

Uninstall the program. Then do the following.

1.Turn off any antivirus program you may have.
2. Re download and install HTC Sync Manager.
3. Just in case, re download the Maintenance release 8.01.2013.
4. Save it to a location you'll remember.
4a. Attach phone via USB cable -preferably the one that came with your phone.
This should...
5. Launch HTC Sync Manager.
6. Find the Maintenance Release on your computer.
7.Following the instructions that are provided on the
HTC page that tell you how to do a manual install, begin
the install.
WARNING Doing it this way will erase everything
on the phone. Back it up BEFORE you begin the process.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

PatriotGyrl

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall the program. Then do the following.

1.Turn off any antivirus program you may have.
2. Re download and install HTC Sync Manager.
3. Just in case, re download the Maintenance release 8.01.2013.
4. Save it to a location you'll remember.
4a. Attach phone via USB cable -preferably the one that came with your phone.
This should...
5. Launch HTC Sync Manager.
6. Find the Maintenance Release on your computer.
7.Following the instructions that are provided on the
HTC page that tell you how to do a manual install, begin
the install.
WARNING Doing it this way will erase everything
on the phone. Back it up BEFORE you begin the process.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the quick and detailed feedback. I have attempted your recommendation several times with no luck.
I had been successful once before in performing a manual update to this phone, but now it seems impossible. HTC sync manager seems to hang on any computer/operating system I install it on. I have antivirus and firewalls off, so I can't imagine where the issue is coming from.
On another note, I just can not understand why my particular device will not see OTA updates. This shouldn't be as difficult as it is.