Question 1 activity in background

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i just notice this on my phone all of a sudden if i click on 3 dots or if somebody message me in facebook messenger i see 1 activity in background i have never seen this before until today

how i make that go away?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
on my phone and i click on 3 dots at the bottom where it saids no recently used apps at the top i see for an example 1 activity in background and it saids check background activity which is that verizon digital security thing or if someone message me on facebook messenger and i click on recently used apps that will come up besides that verizon digital security<-i have never seen this before and am not sure why coming up

somebody mention this on samsung forms https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...all-apps-shows-1-active-app/m-p/2638492#M2952

so is this a bug on phone or what?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're still being too vague, which is why I asked for a screenshot. Phones from different manufacturers can have different interfaces as well as their own preinstalled apps that are not on other phones.

When you say you're tapping the 3 dots at the bottom, do you mean the 3 vertical lines that bring up the Recent Apps/App Overview?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes on home screen at the bottom you got 3 dots vertical lines and right arrow when click on 3 verticle lines at the bottom it will say no recent used apps however now all of a sudden at top left i see 1 active in background

when you click on it saying check background activity these apps and servies are active while running in the background<-i have never seen that come up before i know it wasn't there last week and i believe yesterday

why am i seeing that now like said since i got that verzion digital security running it tells that then word done

if somebody facebook message me it will also say that is running in background again is this new thing a bug or what why i can't seem to get rid of this?

what somebody posted over there on their phone but you will know what i'm talking about

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
but mine not saying no active apps done it saying 1 active in background hints to that verizon security done so when somebody facebook message that will also appear underneath but again why am i even seeing 1 active in background all of a sudden that's what i don't understand is this doing it to you guys phones all of a sudden as well?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This my screenshot of when I close recent apps , if Facebook messenger running in background when u tap the left upper background activity then long press messenger&gt;tap info&gt;permission and check all option if you checked anything to allow always on and turn it off ?
e3536df6a08b43baee9800cafd9a2706.jpg

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes that what i'm saying that at the top saying 1 active in background have this always been there or has that recently when i was at that samsung community was about to asked a question i was typing something in open that link and that was what somebody said 2 weeks ago s23 thread

i don't recall seeing that before until today so it doing it same thing as you mustang? is that something new or a bug? that person over there and few others thinks its a bug but am not sure bug a new feature or if that always been there ya thoughts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's not a bug but a hidden menu that tells you one of your apps is using background activities, go to messenger how I explain under its permission, I have my insurance app that uses my background activity always to monitor driving to keep cheaper rates, so check messenger

Reactions: Laura Knotek

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so there's away to actually make that message not show up if so how make it go away or can you?
you telling me that always been there when you click on recent close apps that at the top eh wonder why i'm just noticing it now very odd

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok then i guess nothing to worry about when it comes up and after i talk to somebody messenger i drag it to trash aka x thing goes away that verizion digital security i guess that's always going to running background can't stop it it always wants to come up after update an app playstore runs that virus scan so no virus <-i thought that little notification icon goes away after it update an app but it seems have to swipe it away

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The ">"character in the "1 active in background >" notification means that you can tap it to get more information. My Pixel 7 Pro's interface is different from yours -- on mine, I get a "1 app is active >" at the bottom of my swipe-down Quick Settings panel. When I tap that, I get a dialog box called "Active Apps", and for me, it shows my clock widget.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It's not a bug but a hidden menu that tells you one of your apps is using background activities, go to messenger how I explain under its permission, I have my insurance app that uses my background activity always to monitor driving to keep cheaper rates, so check messenger
I don't know how you can use an insurance app like that when you drive a mustang... you have more self control than me 😄😉