$2,000 USD for a black market 3 XL ?!?!?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Explains why the newest ***** is taking selfies. They're not in a program that can get them banned. What's most surprising is that these haven't all been remotely bricked.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I just read another article, on gizmodo, that said a shipment was stolen in Russia. That's why all these Russian bloggers have these phones.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
They deactivated all those Pixel 2's resold from New Hampshire. Sure they reversed course because tax savings wasn't deemed inappropriate enough, but out right theft and early release?

You'd be a fool to buy one of those devices

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I love how BGR states, "With nearly two months to go until the phone is unveiled, we know everything about it." and "What seems to be sure at this point is that Google's launch event will be utterly ruined. The Pixel 3 series will be the main star of the show but it'll have no surprises left...,"

Really, like Google isn't all about the software? And there happens to be no standard size Pixel 3 leaks or news about the Pixel watch.

Everything leaked is about the XL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious how they got the phone , and someone's *** is on the line lol they be in Siberia for rest of their life at a desk job

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Dang.. I'm starting to get suspicious Google leaked it themselves to generate "hype". They could've easily created a cease and desist letter and get that leaked device back... Great marketing though!

These people are using stolen devices to do their reviews, and are in Russia to boot. Why do you think a cease and desist order is going to change anything? They'd have as much success by asking pretty please.

The only thing I can think of that might work would be to somehow randomly disable the devices. Not just keep them from connecting to a network. I'm talking completely locking users out of the phone.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
These people are using stolen devices to do their reviews, and are in Russia to boot. Why do you think a cease and desist order is going to change anything? They'd have as much success by asking pretty please.

The only thing I can think of that might work would be to somehow randomly disable the devices. Not just keep them from connecting to a network. I'm talking completely locking users out of the phone.

Yeah the users are showing their faces in selfies, etc - clearly not afraid of being caught. It is possible for Google to remotely brick the devices, I am unclear on why they aren't doing that.

Guto Aaron

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Yeah the users are showing their faces in selfies, etc - clearly not afraid of being caught. It is possible for Google to remotely brick the devices, I am unclear on why they aren't doing that.

I'm a bit late with a reply, but it's because all the stolen phones are being kept in Airplane mode. That means that Google can't disable them. That's why we only have videos of the settings and the home page - everything else would need a connection to show off - and connecting them would open the door for Google to block them.

The more tin hat explanation is that it's all part of Google's masterplan. VERY unlikely, however if you wanted to make a conspiracy theory out of it you' could point out that about 120 of these things were stolen and sold on the black market. Apart from 1 Russian news site and 2 Russian bloggers we haven't heard from any buyers. Who Bought the other 117?

Yeah the conspiracy theory is 99.99% certain a myth (could any company really keep a phone secret until launch date, I can't see it), but wouldn't it be incredible if it was somehow true :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte