2.1 Launcher

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having a ton of problems with all 2.1 launcher builds? I have tried the normal .apk, another build, and a final one on the Smoked Glass ROM, and although i love it on SG, it REALLY slows down my phone (even at 900 MHz). I started to use the 2.0.1, and the phone flew.

Anyone else having troubles with the 2.1 launcher?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its not optimized, I know. Im just curious how many force closes people are getting. I got 4 in 6 minutes.

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
actually rebooted my phone couple times, i'd just avoid it till someone figures out how to get it to work properly or just keep your fingers crossed for 2.1

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, every 2.1 based ROM has given me more FC's than I could shake a finger at. (Old saying FTW)

Its a damn shame, but it shouldn't be to much longer till we have a stable ROM to play with. :)

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
As much as i love the appearance of the 2.1 launcher, it is far to glitchy for everyday use. So what i have settled for is Launcher+ beta. find it in the market, it gives you a choice of 3-7 homescreens and it gives you the 2.0.1 launcher. Its real fast, and it works great. Home++ beta is also really good. As with all our best homereplacements, they struggle with landscape view.