2 hour battery life with NIB Note 4

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The battery is getting drained real fast, I assume it's a defective battery. Got a NIB Note 4. But perhaps it has been sitting somewhere for 3 years. And Li-Ion don't last that long even if they are not used.

I can get 2.5 hours max out of it. Leaving at 8AM, it's completely dead well before noon with some light usage.

Is there a run away process in this device that drains it? Even if the cell is sitting unused overnight, it drops into the 80% territory. I've never seen that with any other phone.

And the phone shuts off when the battery hits about 45%. So clearly the battery is faulty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By "NIB," do you mean new in box?

The fact that it's shutting off at 45% is the clincher -- the battery is bad. Ask the seller for a refund or exchange.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I will ask him if he has a spare battery laying around. I don't want to return the phone itself. If not, oh well. I am going to upgrade to a bigger ZeroLemon so it's OK. Just a mental note that Li-ion do go bad after years of not being used.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh right, by all means, look into getting a new battery. I think I had the Tab 4 in mind when I was answering, not the Note 4.:confused:

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Looks like new OEM batteries sell for $12 on Ebay. So, I asked either to replace it or refund that amount. I always replace OEM cells anyway and keep them as backup when the ZeroLemon runs down, which is almost never.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewnewby