3d layer in maps and earth

Johnny_Mac

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one unable to get 3d layer in google maps or earth? All I find on it is to go to layers and enable it but it's not there in either. All the Xoom vids showcase this feature but i'll be damned if I can find it. Any advice out there?

TIA,
Johnny

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it's city dependent. I tried it with my little city and it didn't work but when I tried it with Downtown Detroit it worked perfectly.

asabino

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I read awhile back that only the big major cities will have 3d I.e Los angeles/ Las Vegas / detroit etc. First, then trickle down to the smaller cities

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arun01

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I read awhile back that only the big major cities will have 3d I.e Los angeles/ Las Vegas / detroit etc. First, then trickle down to the smaller cities

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ya you are correct they are woriking on all major cities first... I live in portland and it is available but I checked a smaller town that was not that small salem OR and it was not available. So give it some time and it will show up.

Johnny_Mac

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I will check out Detroit. I was looking at NYC. On my PC there is an actual 3d layer you can turn on or off. On my xoom there is not one.

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There is no 3d layer in the Android version of Maps. To engage 3d, place two fingers on the screen and drag straight down with both fingers. This will tilt the view and pop up the 3d. Of course, as stated above, not all locations are 3d ready. Search NY, NY, zoom into Manhattan...two fingers, swipe straight down, Tah Dah!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeff