3g download better?

otnman

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
OK, it seems whenever I am on 4g or wifi browsing through either tapatalk or Facebook app it takes forever to load. But when I switch to 3g it seems to almost instantly download the page. What's up with that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was crazy, now another person to confirm the same thing I have experienced. I haven't been on 4G or Wifi in weeks!

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you may not have a solid 4G connection? You may very well have 4G in your area, but maybe it's not as strong a connection and you're much closer to a 3G tower?
Just a guess on my part. My Droid Razr is arriving tomorrow, I can't wait :)

otnman

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope, that's not it. Where I work is very strong 4g. But the thing is, even the wifi is slower than 3g, and my wifi is usually 20-25 MB on the computer....Idk.

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have experienced this as well. I live in an area with only 3G. However, when traveling to a larger city with 4G recently, I was fairly underwhelmed with it's performance or "speed". I have faster data speeds back in my rural hometown.

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Very strange. I wonder if the 4G is overwhelmed with lack of support and growing too fast, with too many 4G users?
Similar to the AT&T / iphone affect that people experienced in major cities. If that's the case, I wouldn't be too worried just yet, since it's still growing and I have faith in Verizon's good call / data quality. They won't half-@ss it.
That doesn't explain the Wifi being slower though, there's no explanation for that.

otnman

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried 4g again for the last couple of days and it has seemed faster. Although, i get alot more "cannot connect with forum" messages using tapatalk. I haven't had a chance to try wifi @ home tho. 3g stills seems more consistent.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli