4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Issues I have seen thus far:

**random reboots- although I havent had any in a few days, the 24th and 25th I had 3 each day, none since

oh good. i thought it was just my nexus. when my nexus got updated to jelly bean i would get reboots when i click the screen on button a little too much. it happens almost everytime when i check time, i would turn the screen on and off and when i try to turn it back on, it won't then a few minutes later it would show that it's rebooting. hoped that it was only for the nexus or that they would have fixed that. it was what annoyed me most because it meant my phone would be restarting several times a week or sometimes several times a day.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
highly recommend rooting and keeping your root through the process as we still don't know what may need to be done after we apply this update. there may be unforeseen problems down the road that only root may be able to cure. don't be scared of root, it is a good thing ;)

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
The only JB "side-effect" that is bugging me is that after a phone call, my screen doesn't always wake up, so I can't end the call until I get the screen woken up manually. So far it's not a deal breaker, and I'm sure it'll be fixed with the "official" release.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Back to a Razr Maxx with ICS. I side loaded Jellybean for about 3 weeks, but the start of that 3rd week the phone was incredibly slow and unusuable. Luckily, I was having issues with my screen that whenever it got cold (i figured 60 degrees or less) for a period of more than 10 min, half the screen would get blacked out. Once it warms up it is fine again. I took it into VZW after sitting out in cold Milwaukee weather for a bit, they saw how messed up the screen was and ordered me a new one.

JB was fantastic when it was smooth, but I can wait for the official release - whenever that will be.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
guge6y5a.jpg

te4y7y9y.jpg

je6evy7u.jpg

u3age7um.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Back to a Razr Maxx with ICS. I side loaded Jellybean for about 3 weeks, but the start of that 3rd week the phone was incredibly slow and unusuable. Luckily, I was having issues with my screen that whenever it got cold (i figured 60 degrees or less) for a period of more than 10 min, half the screen would get blacked out. Once it warms up it is fine again. I took it into VZW after sitting out in cold Milwaukee weather for a bit, they saw how messed up the screen was and ordered me a new one.

JB was fantastic when it was smooth, but I can wait for the official release - whenever that will be.

My screen has been doing that too. I wonder what is going on? They ordered you a new one or a refurb?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been kind of debating lately to sideload this, but I'm still leaning towards waiting for the officail OTA #2. I'm about 70% waiting, 30% wanting to sideload it. I loved the JB ROM's for ICS, but didn't like some of the minor problems that they had. I love having the latest and greatest, but would much rather have something that is polished and can get the official updates when they are released. Any suggestions?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well side loading won't give you any of the problems you had on a rom.

The only problem is you probably won't be able to get the ota update, but you can always flash it just like you would side loading it, and in my opinion its better because you don't have to wait for the update to be pushed to your phone

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know side loading it won't have the problems the ROM's did on the ICS kernal. I don't know, just kind of worried doing it, even though all these success stories make me feel a little better about it. I did side load the .215 update when it first came out no problem, I am back on stock .211, just rooted, so I do know how to side load. Maybe I'll just sleep on it tonight and have a final decision tomorrow. Still leaning towards to the side of waiting it out again (most likely end of March :confused:)

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
did they ever fix that problem where if you click the screen on button too rapidly the phone would just freeze and screen would not turn on and it would eventually reboot itself? that was the most annoying part of the jb update for the galaxy nexus. also, is the maxx camera more responsive in jb than in ics? coming from galaxy nexus camera, the maxx camera is slow.