4.2 camera problem, please help !

aprs2k

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
sup guys, okay i know there a thread for this already but it seemed to died out..

i recently rooted my nexus with codename android 3.8.0 (4.1.2)
toro.
and i cant use my camera " unfortunately, gallery has stopped" pops up..

okay well i downloaded the 4.2camera.zip file went in to recovery deleted cache and dvcache , uploaded the zip, i tried setting the premissions to rw-r-r i believe thats
what its suppose to be set at. and i rebooted and still nothing.
I also deleted the gallery2.apk file. because they say that it could conflict.
the only thing i dont get how to do is to move the lib. files? ...

help me out please ! i miss my camera !

thanks.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Well if you really want the 4.2 Camera, you should probably try flashing to one of the 4.2 roms...I'm using Mmuzzy's 4.2 ROM that I flashed using Wug Fresh's Nexus Root toolkit, makes it very easy...

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think you're making things harder than they need to be. If I were in your position, I'd do just as pdub73 suggested. Perform a full wipe (data/cache/dalvik), flash a shiny new 4.2 ROM (I'm partial to AOKP myself), and enjoy all of the 4.2 core apps. I know there were plans for 4.2 and later builds of CNA, but I'm not sure what happened. All I can find is 4.1.1 as the latest, and I only see reference builds for the GSM GN and the SIII.

cabiggs152

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well if you really want the 4.2 Camera, you should probably try flashing to one of the 4.2 roms...I'm using Mmuzzy's 4.2 ROM that I flashed using Wug Fresh's Nexus Root toolkit, makes it very easy...
Very true!! I just got this phone and it was the easiest thing I've done rooting and flashing wise and the ROM runs like a champ!! I couldn't be happier.. You should do that my friend :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maddy2005