4.3 wallpaper changes

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the setting of custom wallpapers has changed. It's better/easier now but once set, the image looks really grainy and is just bad quality over all. It wasn't like that before.

Posted via Android Central App

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
nice find much easier, however i just applied a wallpaper i used last month (Picture i personally took with my nexus 4) and it seems to work fine? can you post the wallpaper your trying to use?

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's really all of the pictures I try. They used to look great. Glad to know it's probably not a 4.3 bug at least. Looks like I'll be doing a factory reset.

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I found the same issue. It's well documented on the forum and one if the threads I read had a link to the Android developer site where it has been logged. Total rookie error on Google's part screwing up something so visible.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish I would have read your post first. I just factory reset and it didn't help. Oh well, glad to know it's not just me and it should be fixed eventually. Thanks for the info.

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
They might have intentionally done the wallpapers this way, for whatever reason. Sort of the way they purposely used certain patterns/colors on ICS wallpapers, in an effort to highlight the strong qualities of the Galaxy Nexus' Super-Amoled panel, while also camouflaging it's flaws.

Last edited:

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I found the same issue. It's well documented on the forum and one if the threads I read had a link to the Android developer site where it has been logged. Total rookie error on Google's part screwing up something so visible.

And if you're such an expert, why exactly are you here?? :p
Why not get a job at Google and fix this for them right away?
I'm waiting...rookie. :-*

Last edited: