4.4.2 Now running on my GN 10.1 (2014 edition) (wifi only version)

schulzjt

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I glanced at my device about an hour ago and it was downloading the update on its own. It completed about 30 min ago. So far so good...I'm located in St Louis, MO (USA)

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Love the update..I backed up everything and did a factory reset after the install and this tablet is flying! Love it so far. Its a good update. :D

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Durr. Getting "The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded" error. :(

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Linux user on my main laptop and Kies crashes every time I try to install it on the only Windows desktop in the house.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the built-in Twitter App since the upgrade...it keeps crashing every time I try to go into it

I believe that all you need to do is find Twitter in the Application manager and then clear the data and cache.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Kari Skinner

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I admit I am not very tech savy. I like myGN 10.1 and one of the things I really like is the S pen But ever sence the update the S pen has not worked right hand wrighting recognition has been really sensitive and for some reason i+ jumps back to the begin of the note am I doing something wrong or is it the update

kenkrause

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What a royal pain in the neck that was. First of all you have to turn on Developer Mode on the 2014 Samsung Galaxy 10.1. Which of course is not at all easy to do for us novice folks that don't always tinker with things. For those wondering how to turn on Developer Mode which will enable you to turn on USB Debugging which will then of course allow Samsung Kies to actually see the tablet which will then allow you to update to Kit Kat. Go to Settings -> General -> About Device -> then on the right side tap Build Number 7 times. This will enable Developer Options on the left side. Click on this and check mark USB Debugging. I had to restart my computer and my tablet in order for it all to work. I just updated to to Kit Kat and everything ran smoothly.

So now my question is why in the world was this so difficult. I should have been able to do this OTA. At the very least connecting to Kies should have been A LOT easier. Why in the world did I have to jump through all these hoops. CRAZY.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What a royal pain in the neck that was. First of all you have to turn on Developer Mode on the 2014 Samsung Galaxy 10.1. Which of course is not at all easy to do for us novice folks that don't always tinker with things. For those wondering how to turn on Developer Mode which will enable you to turn on USB Debugging which will then of course allow Samsung Kies to actually see the tablet which will then allow you to update to Kit Kat. Go to Settings -> General -> About Device -> then on the right side tap Build Number 7 times. This will enable Developer Options on the left side. Click on this and check mark USB Debugging. I had to restart my computer and my tablet in order for it all to work. I just updated to to Kit Kat and everything ran smoothly.

So now my question is why in the world was this so difficult. I should have been able to do this OTA. At the very least connecting to Kies should have been A LOT easier. Why in the world did I have to jump through all these hoops. CRAZY.

Huh? I never had to jump through all those hoops to get it to work on Kies on a windows 8 PC though

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
IT does not require tablet to be in developer mode.... All Kies 3 requires is you have proper USB driver installed in PC, and If Kies can not find it,, Kies will ask you if you want to install it....

No special hoops or anything... Just follow simple instruction on Kies screen... Back up first then install new operating system by the steps....

Dale

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I agree with the above in that you shouldn't have had to do this. Why did you think you needed to be in developer mode? Even though I am not a big Kies fan, this update was pretty smooth.

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the update and I'm having the following issue : The new Android 4.4 firmware for the note 10.1 2014 seems to have an issue that repeatedly occurs when using Google play music with chromecast if the user (me) pulls down the notification pane while listening to music. The only way to use the tablet after the error occurs is to reboot the device. This error did not occur under the same conditions prior to the recent samsung software update. The error states: "Unfortunately, the process Com.android.systemui has stopped". Is anyone else experiencing this issue or can attempt to cause the issue by performing the same conditions that I stated above? I contacted samsung and they told me to contact support for chromecast (which I think is rediculous).

I have posted a thread to this forum regarding this issue, if anyone else can see if they have the same issue please let me know.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ken, Holy SH*T!! I thought you weren't tech savvy??? That's just crazy! !!! Thank goodness I didn't have to go thru all that! My GN dwnlded the update on its own Sat. night with no issues (live in NJ) Have to say tho, don't know that I'm crazy about some of the changes. For instance, when I'm using the multi window feature & bring up my keyboard, it's SO SMALL now, I hate that! Haven't figured out if there's a way to enlarge it to full screen size yet since I haven't had much time too "play" since the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance