4.4.3 update

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just installed it. Will report any problems and improvements as they become apparent. Hopefully it fixed the problem with swiping to delete in the stock email client.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I was rooted and unlocked, but was on the Stock Android 4.4.2.
After I updated, I lost the root access, its not a big deal for me.
I am sure the Nexus toolkit will be updated soon to be able to root 4.4.3.

Meruman

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
How long does it take for this update to install? My Nexus 4 has been churning away for a couple of hours now. The android animation is moving and the progress bar periodically updates, but it seems like a long time.

birdbraingeek

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I too was stuck on the ""Installing System Update..." for about 30 minutes. There's no way a 80MB upgrade would need that much time, so I pressed the power button for a few seconds. It then flashed the screen, showed the Google logo and it resumed the "Installing System Update" with the blue progress bar moving.

However, this time it finished the upgrade in just one cycle. After that it went to the Android Is Upgrading with all the apps getting "optimized" as usual. After it finished that, it is now up and running as usual and shows version 4.4.3 in the About page.

This was upgraded from 4.2.2, unrooted, purchased from the Google Play store. I did the Download and Install over Wifi, on battery power, no USB connection. After a few minutes of playing with it, I haven't noticed any issues, but I haven't put it through a test of everything I do either...

Last edited:

EggTTan

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 4 seems to be stuck in an infinite loop of Installing system updates...

The current bar will finish, my screen turns black for a moment, before it all starts over again.

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

I tried holding on to the power button for a few seconds but it's not rebooting.

birdbraingeek

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 4 seems to be stuck in an infinite loop of Installing system updates...

The current bar will finish, my screen turns black for a moment, before it all starts over again.

Anyone experiencing the same problems?

I tried holding on to the power button for a few seconds but it's not rebooting.

I had the exact issue. Press-and-holding the Power button rebooted it and then it finished completely. It only did one blue progress bar cycle and then continued with the usual update. I didn't time how long I was press-and-holding the Power button but I don't think it was more than 20 seconds or so.

EggTTan

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Omg it's not working...

I can't seem to reboot the phone, it's been stuck for more than an hour installing system updates...

RKRC

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Omg it's not working...

I can't seem to reboot the phone, it's been stuck for more than an hour installing system updates...

I hold on to the power button until my phone shut off and the notification light turned on and then hold on to the power button until it booted up again. Finally it progressed pass the 'Installing System Update" and to Optimizing app screen.

EggTTan

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I hold on to the power button until my phone shut off and the notification light turned on and then hold on to the power button until it booted up again. Finally it progressed pass the 'Installing System Update" and to Optimizing app screen.

I've tried holding on the power button for a minute but it's not responding. Maybe I'll need for the battery to drain off.

Meruman

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Downloading, installing and then updating the apps took about 5 minutes.

I too was stuck on the ""Installing System Update..." for about 30 minutes. There's no way a 80MB upgrade would need that much time, so I pressed the power button for a few seconds. It then flashed the screen, showed the Google logo and it resumed the "Installing System Update" with the blue progress bar moving.

However, this time it finished the upgrade in just one cycle. After that it went to the Android Is Upgrading with all the apps getting "optimized" as usual. After it finished that, it is now up and running as usual and shows version 4.4.3 in the About page.

This was upgraded from 4.2.2, unrooted, purchased from the Google Play store. I did the Download and Install over Wifi, on battery power, no USB connection. After a few minutes of playing with it, I haven't noticed any issues, but I haven't put it through a test of everything I do either...

Thanks for the info. After about four hours I rebooted and after one more cycle it finished the update, just like birdbraingeek describes. It must've just gotten hung up somehow. This is a totally stock, un-rooted phone updating from 4.4.2.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Got the update notice several days ago at work. I hadn't been keeping up with Nexus news, and didn't know one was coming, so I came here to check it out. I was a little nervous by the posts about people having problems with it, so waited until the weekend to try to install. (Didn't want to be stuck during the week with no phone).

Good news is that it installed on my stock Nexus 4 with no issues. It took around 15 minutes total and might have been a bit less if I'd been paying attention to prompts. Hopefully no untoward effects, but I guess I'll find out over the weekend as I use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred