4100nex + maestro + corolla

variab1e

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had installed the 4100nex in a corolla (2015) yet with the maestro for steering wheel controls? If so, did you need any other adapters/harnesses besides:
Metra 40-LX11 (antenna)
Metra 70-1761 (speaker)
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR

Thanks,
-Eric

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had installed the 4100nex in a corolla (2015) yet with the maestro for steering wheel controls? If so, did you need any other adapters/harnesses besides:
Metra 40-LX11 (antenna)
Metra 70-1761 (speaker)
iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR

Thanks,
-Eric

Using the ADS-MRR is a waste of money when it is used with the Pioneer. Even though it is not specifically called out by either pioneer or idata but the Pioneer will not handle the advance features of the MRR. You would be better off just getting the ADS-MSW steering wheel controller. I emailed bother pioneer and idatalink and they both confirmed this.

The antenna adapter and wire harness you mentioned seems to be correct.

You will also need a dash kit: Metra 95-8245CHG
Amazon.com: Metra 95-8245CHG 2014 - Up Toyota Corolla Double-Din Installation: Car Electronics

variab1e

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Using the ADS-MRR is a waste of money when it is used with the Pioneer. Even though it is not specifically called out by either pioneer or idata but the Pioneer will not handle the advance features of the MRR. You would be better off just getting the ADS-MSW steering wheel controller. I emailed bother pioneer and idatalink and they both confirmed this.

The antenna adapter and wire harness you mentioned seems to be correct.

You will also need a dash kit: Metra 95-8245CHG

Awesome thanks so much! Did you have to splice into the factory wiring or where you able to do everything with harnesses?

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thanks so much! Did you have to splice into the factory wiring or where you able to do everything with harnesses?

you will have to splice into wires, typically it will be 3 wires but idata has a really good website for this, you do have to sign in to the website to get the info but you have to sign in anyway to flash the module. Depending on the vehicle you may have to splice into 1 or it could be as many as 3, This in addition to the ground and power wires.