42mm or 46mm

kfppo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

Looking for some assistance if possible.

I currently have both the 42mm and 46mm. There are aspects of both I like, I.e I prefer the midnight black of the 42, but prefer the thicker strap of the 46 to the thin 42. The 42 probably feels more comfortable on but I think that's probably because I currently wear a roughly 42mm analogue and i know I will get use to the 46mm size. Both look ok on the wrist. Then I'm acutely aware of the bigger battery of the 46mm but prefer the aesthetics of the 42. I'm just not feeling the two tone of the 46 that much. Getting frustrating now trying to decide:D ideally there would be a 44mm all black! Has anyone else gone through this process or could help me to decide? It seems to me depending on what I'm wearing, I.e if I'm formal or not they both have there place but obviously can only keep one. My wrist is just over 7 inches circumference. I'm also 6ft and about 15 stone so not exactly small. Just really struggling to decide and would really appreciate some views/help. Thank you :)

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Don't think anyone can help you decide. Its all about personal preference. You need to decide whats most important to you. Looks, size or battery life... As much as I would like black watch face battery life is the most important for me. So the 42mm is not even an option.

Only you can work out what's going to be best for you.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought the black 42mm at first, but after having the Gear S3 Frontier, the 42mm seemed too small. I didn't think I'd like the look of the 46mm black and silver but it's actually really nice looking. I've received a lot of compliments from people asking what kind of watch I have.

It is personal preference though. I'm very happy with the 46mm and as much as I tried, I know I would have been unhappy had I kept the 42mm.

kfppo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both for your comments. Whilst I do prefer the black, the black/silver is growing on me and with the extra battery life I don't think I should compromise on it by keeping the 42. Thank you both again for your advice and experience of the watch, it is much appreciated:)

jgcotton

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Have worn a Gear S2 watch for two years and tried on both of the new Galaxy Watches at Best Buy..preferred the 46 after thinking I'd like the black 42. After 2 weeks of wear, am really impressed, especially with the battery life! The 46 is comfortable and such an improvement over the S2.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the 46mm even though I really liked the rose gold 42mm one, now I'm glad I did, it is not as bulky as I thought it would be, more like a regular watch really and battery life is really good