4G unusable?

qazee702

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My E4GT will not stay connected for more than 5 minutes on 4g. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4g unusable?

I wish I could help you out but I don't even have 3G where I live let alone 4G. Free bump to the top though ;)

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

My E4GT will not stay connected for more than 5 minutes on 4g. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

In my recent travels (Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Portland), I've experienced the very same sporadic 4G connections. Personally, I feel that 4G is basically useless for the most part, other than being a brilliant way for Sprint to collect an extra $10 per month from all of us!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
30 min north of Houston
4257788a-7374-ba97.jpg

Sent from my Blazing E4GT

qazee702

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I can get speeds like that here in Vegas. The but when im driving my 4g won't transition from tower to tower it, and the Internet becomes unusable till I turn 4g off.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Sprint's "4G" is a gimmick at best, and a joke.

I live in Chicago, a supposedly big 4G city, good luck ever locking onto a signal and holding onto it for any length of time. It bounces all over the place, goes to sleep, and reconnects back and forth non stop.

Oh and then the battery drainer it is, keep 4G on, and watch your battery go to red and dead in no time.

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

I live in Chicago, a supposedly big 4G city, good luck ever locking onto a signal and holding onto it for any length of time. It bounces all over the place, goes to sleep, and reconnects back and forth non stop.

Oh and then the battery drainer it is, keep 4G on, and watch your battery go to red and dead in no time.

I live in the city in River North and work in the Loop and my 4G is pretty decent, but I agree that when you're moving, signal will drop. But I have pretty good luck all over the city, and in my office building, I get 5-6mbps down 20 stories up. None of the other carriers get service up here, let alone "4G" speeds.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Although I wouldn't call it a "joke", I have to say that I generally leave 4G turned off here in Los Angeles. I really only use it if I'm stationary and doing a lot of web browsing or something like that. For quick web browsing, email, and even streaming music (like Pandora) 3G is usually pretty good for me. So, with 3G generally adequate, the battery drain of 4G and the inconsistent signal ... I just leave 4G off unless I really need it.

addiarmadar

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I get the same problem with the 4G dropping for no good reason. Have to reboot the phone to get it back but when it is connected its terrible speeds. 2.5Mbs down and .30Mbs upload. Used to get way better upload speds but they capped the upload in my area, bloody punks done want me doing vid calls anymore and wont admit it :mad:

Really want to ditchem now but hoping the OTA does something.