5.1.1 update

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be working fine so far. Just a slight lag between screens but no battery issues. How fast is it draining?

johnlelan

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
As processors and displays get more efficient, the need for larger batteries decreases. The GS6 has more energy efficient display and processor and due to the thinness of the device went with a smaller battery. I would have been happy with a slightly thicker device for more battery which would still be small. I am able to get through the day without exhausting the battery but all that depends upon carrier networks and user habits and setups. Also, for those not updated from 5.0.2, there may be other issues affecting battery life.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I've never had to do a factory reset after an update. But I have noticed with the last 2 major updates with this phone my battery life will suck for a while then it will start to get better. My battery life is finally beginning to stabilize itself since the 5.1.1 update and I haven't done anything major to help it.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
At least wipe system cache after all OS updates. Factory reset is recommended if you are having a lot of problems with the updated OS.

As far as a rouge app, you can boot into safe mode and see if you still have excessive battery drain.

Look in your system settings to find your battery information. Look to see what app or system function is taking the most of your battery.

Btw, do you happen to be on At&t?

srome

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Since the update my battery won't last 10 hours with very minimal use, maybe 5 under 2 min phone calls and 30 texts, I also did a factory reset after the update.

For this reason I'm sending it back.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Since the update my battery won't last 10 hours with very minimal use, maybe 5 under 2 min phone calls and 30 texts, I also did a factory reset after the update.

For this reason I'm sending it back.

Did you do a restore from back up after the factory reset? If you did that may still be the problem. I have had a few issues, battery life being one of them, that even after I did a factory reset and restored from backup the issue was still there. Once I did the factory reset, cleared cache and did NOT restored from backup, things worked as expected.

If you have not already sent it back, I would try that and see what happens.