Question 5G connectivity unavailable after Android 13 update

appsetpie

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy 20FE that was originally purchased from ATT and was unlocked and activated with MINT mobile. I've been with MINT for a year and never had issues connecting to 5G services until now. I'm in a good coverage area and I've tried it in multiple excellent coverage areas but only receive a 4G LTE connection. This started after upgrading from Android 12 to Android 13. I checked the preferred network settings and it is set to 5G. I also did a factory reset today and there has been no change. I spoke with MINT who couldn't help and I spoke to Samsung who said reset the phone as a last resort (didn't resolve the issue).

Does anybody know why an upgrade to Android 13 would have caused this issue and how to resolve the issue?

Thanks

appsetpie

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a good suggestion as to why the update might have caused issues, but have you already tried resetting the network settings? https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1383890/Samsung/SamsungSMG781U
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, MINT walked be through that on three separate occasions and also just setup a new APN. Also did a factory reset before all of that for a clean image but for some reason it would appear Android 13 breaks this phones connection to 5G services at least with Mint/T-Mobile.

• Sad
Reactions: B. Diddy

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29