newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I needing a new phone, I have the pixel 4 right now and love it. Just wanted to know should I wait for the 7 to come out or just get the 6…?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's the age-old question. I'm sure people who've had bad experiences with the Pixel 6 (or who've read a lot of the initial bad press) will strongly recommend waiting for the 7, but people like me who've had smooth sailing (6 Pro for me) will tell you the 6 is great. The thing is that you never know if a new phone will also come with initial bugginess. If you can wait, then wait until the 7 is released, then wait a few more months to see what users are reporting. If you can't or don't want to wait that long, then I think you'd be totally happy with a 6.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat! I have the Pixel 5 and it's currently working fine, so I'm waiting for the Pixel 7 launch! In my own personal opinion, I don't think you could go wrong with either device!

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's the age-old question. I'm sure people who've had bad experiences with the Pixel 6 (or who've read a lot of the initial bad press) will strongly recommend waiting for the 7, but people like me who've had smooth sailing (6 Pro for me) will tell you the 6 is great. The thing is that you never know if a new phone will also come with initial bugginess. If you can wait, then wait until the 7 is released, then wait a few more months to see what users are reporting. If you can't or don't want to wait that long, then I think you'd be totally happy with a 6.

True, personally I'd say the Pixel 6 is trash, and to avoid it at all costs. I've put a few people IRL off buying them, and probably wouldn't get the 7 either.

But to answer the question, wait for the 7. we're only a few months away from launch, and I'm sure most people would say Google will fix most of the issues from the 6... Although personally my faith in Google is only decreasing.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The renders II've seen of the 7 show it to be a much more physically attractive ve device than the 6, IMO. We'll have to see how it performs and what the reality

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Depends on whether you want to pay the full price for pixel 7 or get a decent discount for 6. There are some great deals out there for pixel 6 now..

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Depends on whether you want to pay the full price for pixel 7 or get a decent discount for 6. There are some great deals out there for pixel 6 now..

And lately Google has been cutting back on production of their current pixel when it's close to the new one coming out, so it can get kinda hard to find the previous model after the new models released. I suspect they don't want last year's model taking sales from the new one. I noticed that with the 4 and especially the 5.

So I agree.. I think now's the time to pick up a 6/6Pro, while you still have color and storage option choices. I'm not sure how much lower the 6 prices will go ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
And lately Google has been cutting back on production of their current pixel when it's close to the new one coming out, so it can get kinda hard to find the previous model after the new models released. I suspect they don't want last year's model taking sales from the new one. I noticed that with the 4 and especially the 5.

So I agree.. I think now's the time to pick up a 6/6Pro, while you still have color and storage option choices. I'm not sure how much lower the 6 prices will go ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Yes, you're totally right about that! I bought my Pixel 5 maybe six months after its launch and it was abruptly discontinued in Canada a few months later. I began to worry about what would happen if my phone broke and I had to cash in my Preferred Care. Would they even have extra 5's -- refurbished or otherwise -- on the shelves? Who knows! I can see their logic in not wanting the previous iteration to usurp sales -- but a lot of users wait for such a time to buy a less expensive and just-as-good preciious iteration.