6 Week Review

ibsharp

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
My calendar syncs with outlook, and invites seem to work OK. I can accept on either the phone or PC and it syncs. I have had some conflicts, which I think occur when I accept on my PC as soon as the invite comes in, i.e., before the invite syncs to the phone.

I do have my gmail calendar turned off in Accounts and Sync.

When you receive a meeting invite that comes from outlook does it go to your calendar on your phone? Mine does not. I receive the meeting invite as an email that has data in it such as "BEGIN:VCALENDAR"

I am able to sync the entry from my PC but not accept or decline via my phone. Also if I send a meeting request from my phone the recipient see's a meeting invite from my gmail account not my domain account.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that for the most part, everyone here is happy with the Skyrocket. I'm still on the fence though since I have a sincere feeling that the price will drop shortly due to new phones being released, and that either the GS2 HD or HTC One X may be available next month.. at a price of course!

We are in an LTE area here, and it seems logical that the best move is to get an extended life battery replacement (which I don't think can be done on the HTC OneX). Needless to say, when I see speeds that are faster that my Comcast cable coming through 4G LTE, it's definitely going to eat the battery alive!

One more question: Does EVERYONE here use a launcher like Go Launcher EX or Wave Launcher instead of the Touch Wiz? Seems to me it makes far more sense and is much more customizable too.

Earlofessex

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Invites come into my inbox. When I open it, there are buttons to accept or decline. If I hit accept, then the meeting gets added to my calendar and syncs to outlook on my PC. I haven't seen anything like BEGIN:CALENDAR.

I haven't tried sending an invite from my phone. In fact, it isn't obvious to me how to do that...although I'm just learning how to use an Android.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My biggest concern is data usage. I have a LTE air card & burned a little over a gig yesterday screwing around doing nothing yesterday. I do over the auto transport so was stuck in the truck in San Antonio, TX. 95% of the time online was either e-mail or forum type stuff, not streaming video or anything you would assume would eat date like that.

Wanted to update that Windows Vista did a update on the laptop & that is what probably soaked the data, or made it seem like a large amount used for what I was doing. Shutting updates off on that thing & will do it at home when hooked up to cable.

puddin78

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that for the most part, everyone here is happy with the Skyrocket. I'm still on the fence though since I have a sincere feeling that the price will drop shortly due to new phones being released, and that either the GS2 HD or HTC One X may be available next month.. at a price of course!

We are in an LTE area here, and it seems logical that the best move is to get an extended life battery replacement (which I don't think can be done on the HTC OneX). Needless to say, when I see speeds that are faster that my Comcast cable coming through 4G LTE, it's definitely going to eat the battery alive!

One more question: Does EVERYONE here use a launcher like Go Launcher EX or Wave Launcher instead of the Touch Wiz? Seems to me it makes far more sense and is much more customizable too.

I've had my new phone for about 2 weeks now and I just installed Go Launcher. I think if this is your first Android phone(like it is for me), it is good to get used to and use the stock launcher. I had no problems with it and quite like it actually. I had no problems with TouchWiz and found everything comfortable and smooth to use.

The reason that I installed Go Launcher was simply for themes :p Coming from a BB, I was a theme junkie but I am not yet comfortable enough with this phone to root it. Go Launcher was a nice compromise which gave me a variety of themes to choose from. You can also hide all that bloatware that comes on the phone (although you can't get rid of it; only if you root), and I found it was easier to manage my app folders.

As for battery concerns, it kept me worried for a long time until I just decided to carry my spare around. Basically I have wifi and GPS turned off, turned on the power saver, dimmed the screen brightness, and use the task manager widget to make sure no apps are running in the background. I tried several battery saver apps and battery moniters etc etc but decided they didn't do much and in the end some of them actually drained the battery more. I think the main reason my battery drains is because I play with the phone so much lol.

I know getting a phone is a bit of an investment so it's good to research and do what you can before taking the plunge. But as others have said before, I am really enjoying the S2.

eban44

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
You can always get the nexus extended batter and use it to gain another couple hours out of the phone without having a bulky back cover. They are on sale now at verizon for $25 between that and having my standard battery while I traveled last week I didn't have to worry at all. Plus then you also keep NFC if you care about that.

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to update that Windows Vista did a update on the laptop & that is what probably soaked the data, or made it seem like a large amount used for what I was doing. Shutting updates off on that thing & will do it at home when hooked up to cable.

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
@puddin78- I tried the GoLauncher EX, to get a feel for what ICS might look like by using a theme. It seemed to me like the combination of the two caused some battery drain so I uninstalled them and decided to just wait for the OTA update. I agree...I actually like the phone the way it came just as well without GoLauncher.

Last edited:

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
@T48- When I read your post, I thought something crazy must have happened. I use the internet quite a bit, stream a little music, and download a few video files here and there and my data usage was less than 700 megs with less than a week to go. Granted I do use wifi whenever possible, but your usage sounded incredibly high. Glad you found out the cause.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays