65" 4K Google TV

Georgie69

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
I need a good brand Google TV that won't be too hard on the pocket. I am a senior who can still see the different rainbow colors clearly and just watching movies, tennis and using IPTV services since cable/satellite are expensive. Any advise is much appreciated and thank you

Sent from my SM-P610 using AC Forums mobile app

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, you're better off looking for a TV you like and then adding a Chromecast with Google TV to it rather than trying to find a TV with Google TV built in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, you're better off looking for a TV you like and then adding a Chromecast with Google TV to it rather than trying to find a TV with Google TV built in.

This is an excellent point. The built-in hardware in smart TVs is often pretty suboptimal, which means navigating
around and opening apps can be slow. Smart TVs will also probably not get many updates (if at all).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: 65" 4K Google TV

Look into the Hisense 65U8G tv. It's an Android based 65" smart 4k TV that has been getting tons of praise for being a great tv at a great price. It came out last year and I've owned it for about 6 months now myself. It's a VA panel, but the local dimming is one of the best you'll find, and looks almost like an OLED tv in blacks. It also gets very bright if needed.

The tv itself has received several system updates that mostly improved things, but my first one wouldn't come OTA. I contacted Hisense on Facebook and got a link to do it manually, but it requires a access to a computer and thumb drive. After that, more recent updates have happened OTA. Running on Android, the apps are handled through the Play store, and have been updated regularly.

The only caveat would be if you live in Australia. Apparently the 65U8G tv they get is a different and lower quality model than what the rest of the world gets. Don't ask me why, but I saw that pop up in many comment sections about it when looking at reviews and such. Another, in case you decide to save money by going with the smaller 55" option, is the smaller versions of the U8G line have fewer local dimming zones and they don't perform near as well as the 65" and 75" versions. If you're in the U.S, Best Buy currently has it for $1,000, but black Friday is coming up. I snagged it for a sale price of around $850, so I'd try to hold out for a sale price.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12