6p screen protector? are you going with it or without? what's a good one to get?

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
saw a thread up here someone scratched the screen dropping the phone just half metre
http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6p/605097-worth-replacing.html

now I am worried since i dont have nexus protect.
Even if I do have the protect it's just inconvenience to wait for the phone to be replaced.

I am seriously considering to get a screen protector for the first time. And I have owned more than 6 android phones in the past all without protection, only 1 of them got a screen damage.
How many of you are a getting a protector?
if so, which one is a good one?

(I hate the protectors that make screen really high friction or too matte finish. I just hate screen protectors over all....)

Edit:
I just noticed that he went without a case. probably main reason for the screen damage.

Last edited:

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Nexus Protect and I will have a case and a screen protector on it from Day 1. Like all insurance I do not wish to use it unless I have to. I was reading on a forum that someone dropped their phone and now there is a scratch on their screen, I definitely do not want to use the 1 of the 2 replacements in the first couple of weeks of having the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

djohnb2012

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Go to intelliarmor.com and grab two TGSP for the price of one using the discount code intelli6P. The code will actually work for any screen protector too.

Posted via the Android Central App

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering getting a screen protector (film type) just to see if it will cut down on the dust accumulation I am seeing on the glass right now.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Have not used a screen protector since the HTC EVO 4G LTE a few years back. Since that phone I've gone "Naked" on the screen with a Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, 5, 6 and will do the same with the 6p. (oh and my company iPhone)

All of those phones end up with a couple of micro scratches that you can only see when you clean the screen and LOOK for them.

I didn't even put a screen protector on my daughters Moto X she's had for almost two years (She's only 12 now) and it's not scratched up at all. Takes a lot to scratch glass... Very few things out there are harder but all it takes is a grain of sand to jack up your screen..

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have not used my phone outside since I do not have a screen protector yet. Looks like several of them did not account for the proximity sensor so had to redesign them. I have a Yoozon coming next week. They have a properly designed one for 7.99 on Amazon. I usually get the Pthink brand if they have it but did not see one for the 6P. Keeping my SIM in my iPhone until I get my 6P ready to go.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've always used a screen protector without a case. I've never dropped my phones but I have scratched the screen a couple of times because of keys being in my pocket with the phone.

Posted via Nexus 64GB Beast

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since the Droid Incredible LTE, and I haven't had any problems. Having said that, I missed the TGSP revolution, and I'm kind of curious about the product. I will probably buy one when Rhino Shield releases their product later this month.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been using IQ Shield products for a few years & so have all my family & several friends. Great products & every one has fit perfectly from phones to smart watches to tablets. I am a landscaper that works with hard scapes & am constantly using wet saws & dry saws to cut stone & concrete products. My phone has always got stone dust & grime on the screen & the IQ Shields do great. Same with my Moto 360.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
saw a thread up here someone scratched the screen dropping the phone just half metre
http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-6p/605097-worth-replacing.html

now I am worried since i dont have nexus protect.
Even if I do have the protect it's just inconvenience to wait for the phone to be replaced.

I am seriously considering to get a screen protector for the first time. And I have owned more than 6 android phones in the past all without protection, only 1 of them got a screen damage.
How many of you are a getting a protector?
if so, which one is a good one?

(I hate the protectors that make screen really high friction or too matte finish. I just hate screen protectors over all....)

Edit:
I just noticed that he went without a case. probably main reason for the screen damage.

Unfortunately I'm that guy who scratched his screen :/

I usually have cases but mine is on order from Amazon and so I didn't have it at the time. For anyone here, and not just because I scratched my 6P so easily, I recommend some form of case and a TGSP. Why? They save your *** from anything that might happen.

I had a friend who was on his scooter with his Nexus 5 in the front cubbyhole (which was open). It was wet and when a car came out of nowhere he slid and his phone went flying. Luckily, the TGSP shattered and not the phone. You might think you're not as clumsy as him (or me), but really TGSPs don't ruin the "feel" of swiping on the screen, definitely protect and don't cost that much. So for little compromise you can reduce the chance of shattering the screen (I hate film-based screen protectors).

I think I was just severely unlucky to scratch my 6P like that :S

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've always used a zagg screen protectors on all my phones they definitely do make a big difference in preventing scratches on your screen and it also helps preventing your screen from shattering. Once I get the screen protectors on and the bubbles work their way out I usually hardly ever notice that there is a screen protector even on there. Yeah not using the screen protector feels a little better sometimes and looks maybe a little clearer but I find naked screens attract fingerprints much worse than a screen protector does, which definitely annoys me more than using a screen protector.

Zagg doesn't have a screen protector for the 6P so I got the Skinomi® TechSkin instead.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm that guy who scratched his screen :/

I usually have cases but mine is on order from Amazon and so I didn't have it at the time. For anyone here, and not just because I scratched my 6P so easily, I recommend some form of case and a TGSP. Why? They save your *** from anything that might happen.

I had a friend who was on his scooter with his Nexus 5 in the front cubbyhole (which was open). It was wet and when a car came out of nowhere he slid and his phone went flying. Luckily, the TGSP shattered and not the phone. You might think you're not as clumsy as him (or me), but really TGSPs don't ruin the "feel" of swiping on the screen, definitely protect and don't cost that much. So for little compromise you can reduce the chance of shattering the screen (I hate film-based screen protectors).

I think I was just severely unlucky to scratch my 6P like that :S

Will the tempered glass screen protector fit inside the case?

I have an iPad with a screen protector and the case already make screen protector kind of come off a bit.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Will the tempered glass screen protector fit inside the case?

I have an iPad with a screen protector and the case already make screen protector kind of come off a bit.

Depends on the case. My Lumia 1020 has a Speck Candyshell Grip and a TGSP just fine. One of my siblings uses an Otterbox Defender on his iPhone except he ripped out the terrible integrated plastic screen protector and put a glass one in. Most of the time it should work fine with cases :)

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the case. My Lumia 1020 has a Speck Candyshell Grip and a TGSP just fine. One of my siblings uses an Otterbox Defender on his iPhone except he ripped out the terrible integrated plastic screen protector and put a glass one in. Most of the time it should work fine with cases :)

Do you know a good tampered glass screen protector for 6p? Thinking about getting one!

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm ALLLL about good quality screen protectors... preferably tempered glass ones.

My thoughts are pretty simple. There will be situations where something nasty comes in contact with the panel.... A small grain of glass, even the plug of a USB cable. Tough as it may be, GG4 is not scratch-proof. You can pick up a decent quality glass, or even a plastic (which have really improved the last couple of years) for $10 or so. Scratch or gouge that up, you're only out $10.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski