9s+ kies??

Hillebilly

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if topic been before. Searched couldn't see any.

But i just set up my S9+ And want to connect to pc.
From what i can see kies is tool for that. i do get for file transfer in windows
but i thinking kies could check feks mp3 is oki, make local backup, etc

But when i connect it just say only owner can connect, change user on unit...

But i am only user on the phone, i have pw,pin, iris, face and finger.. also made sure it not closes when connecting.
The phone is logged in to both google and samsung account

In kies i can not find any login.

I do remember had similar problems long time ago on a S1 i think turned out just the cable setting .

But here i have tried all 3 settings the one "midi" nothing happens, just the circle. transfer photo, just get error not supported, and the last "transfer" just get this "only owner, change user"

Is kies just garbage? "bad code" or is it just somewhere a setting i miss? Or is it not supported the phone? tho can not find the proper list, even tho several places i see indications on such list. i can not get to it easily.

Again if topic is here, and i just fail to find it..

Hillebilly

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
You want the "transfer files" selection.

Thank you. But then i get "only owner can connect" or similar, i do not have english language on the phone.

But i do not know how to change user on the phone, i did not even knew it was another user as owner on it.

I just set it up

But the phone is ofc with google account and samsung account..
The pc is with microsoft account... natrule since it is windows on it

I think i probably need to figure out how to show kies that i am owner and right user :)
But can not find on kies any login there. and not on phone so that "sends" to kies that i am logged inn.

And yes i unlock the phone, connect cable. and get this message over and over again.
Also tried unlock with finger, iris, face and even pin... But usually the face or iris thingy sees me before i get to pin or finger

Sorry if my english make it hard to understand me.

Hillebilly

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Edit: looks like phone now is on samsung account.
During setup i did use google account

Can this be source of my problems?
But Samsung account i did made with Google account....

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Edit: looks like phone now is on samsung account.
During setup i did use google account

Can this be source of my problems?
But Samsung account i did made with Google account....

Yes there may be a separate Samsung account. I'm not sure if Kies is the way to go here, I THINK there's an updated program they use of newer phones called Samsung Smart Switch.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ung.com%2Fus%2Fsmart-switch%2F&token=jQknkRWT

I'm going to also see if I can get some more experienced help in here. :)

Hillebilly

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes there may be a separate Samsung account. I'm not sure if Kies is the way to go here, I THINK there's an updated program they use of newer phones called Samsung Smart Switch.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ung.com%2Fus%2Fsmart-switch%2F&token=nR5csoyh

I'm going to also see if I can get some more experienced help in here. :)

I looked at switch, looks to me "only" for transfering from old phone.. I not need that.

But i did manage file control to pc, so i can now transfer without kies.
And i can always backup trough cloud.. perhaps kies really not needed?

I gonna test more, maby. if cloud service be good, perhaps i stick with that. And since folders got open on pc. i can transfer large files like video, photos and music directly.

Hillebilly

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I stopped research on kies. Trough online cloud (googles in my case, tho this phone give you lots of free GB on one-drive Microsoft for two years or so if you want)
And direct transfer to folder with computer.

I could do what i wanted, and keep the folders updated. Even setup how i want the folder to synk. Or like i choose, just synk phone to google, and not synk google to computer. (Remember to choose file quality if you try this)

But Kies is really no need for at all. Backup of phone was already sett default, so no problem there.

I see this as solved, the solution is no need for Kies.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
First of all, stop using Kies. Samsung stopped support for that back all the way in the Galaxy S5.
If you want to make backup files on a PC, you have to use Samsung Smart Switch for Windows.
You can also control your phone through your PC using the Samsung Flow add-on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly