A couple questions on the G2 camera...

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I suppose i'm specifically thinking about taking pictures of my children indoors.

I can't take pictures of my dog because she moves around so much, which causes the photo to blur or ghost. I was taking pictures at a jujitsu match and had the same issue; if the subjects weren't almost completely still, portions of the photo would blur. I agree with the person above about the Lumias taking way better night still shots and video...at least my Nokia 920 does. Last night I compared some daytime landscape photos I took with both cameras, and detail was about the same (8.7 vs 10mp), but color looked richer on the Nokia. The photos were different, so
I'll take identical shots (same conditions) with both and compare them, just to be fair.

Posted via Android Central App

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
guys, I'm at work right now and can't test but someone posted this camera in an xda thread about this..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2427019

check that out. the lenovo super camera seems cool and there's many features AND video recording. someone give it a shot and let us know. the pics and options seem good so far but I'm in brightly lit room at work.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

lattiboy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So, the issue here isn't with the camera hardware itself. The camera is incredibly capable in almost every respect (except dynamic range, which is kind of unavoidable on a sensor this small).

This issue is with the auto-exposure. By default it uses an incredibly slow shutter speed because it overestimates the OIS and is not adaptive to the scene (moving objects, hand shake). If you look at the "details" of a saved picture, you'll notice even in decent light it's using a very low shutter speed and ISO100 and a larger aperture. As a stop gap, I almost always use "sports" mode. It doubles the shutter speed and uses a higher ISO and lower aperture, which is fine as ISO up to 800 is quite clean and aperture is a non-issue as depth of field doesn't come into play on a phone camera.

LG really needs to implement a better AE system for this camera to be worthwhile.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe