A question: Why is no Honeycomb on the Flyer at launch a deal-breaker?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the XOOM on Verizon and sold it, Honeycomb just wasn't compelling enough or should I say Motorola wasn't compelling enough. I would prefer GB 2.3.3 at launch and Honeycomb 3.1 when its a bit more baked. Right now there are little to no apps available for Honeycomb and unless Google does something about it that isn't going to change.

I had an iPad2 on order and canceled it today, was looking at a Galaxy Tab WiFi until I started reading the crap about it, considered the Nook and still might but I would like to see what the Flyer comes in at price wise and when. Its not the carrier holding it up and I hope its not HTC holding it up either so they can put Honeycomb on it.

Get it out, get it selling and everyone knows they WILL deliver the goods when the time comes. Sure Google says Honeycomb is the "only" tablet OS, but its on one device and support is limited to one carrier with a second a ways off.

E.J.Su

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am glad it will launch with Gingerbread. In my work, I get to play with most of the devices when they come out. I have tried a 3G and a WiFi-only Xoom, they are both too buggy, and a lot of apps that I use regularly get a lot of force close or sometimes won't even run on it. At the end, I chose to take GalaxyTab home with me everyday.

I am a designer/artist, for me, the stylus is the biggest selling point, and the portability of 7-inch is just icing on the cake.

HTC Flyer will definitely be the first tablet I will be buying for myself.

Sent from EVOtron
- ej-su.deviantART.com

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The whole reason I am getting this tablet is to take it to work and use it in the research lab I work in to record notes/ideas/etc during research or meetings. It will also be handy to use with my thesis research. This tablet does exactly what I want and is the size I want. I have a feeling after I bring this in, I will see some other people pick one up. The hands-on videos look like HTC is trying to make this the ultimate note taking device. You can basically mark up anything at any given time then save it and make it available from any other device with Evernote. And the audio sync capabilities makes me want it even more. I don't see how that is not seen as freaking awesome. I love what they have done with the software. If you are buying this as a general purpose tablet to use it like an iPad then please go look elsewhere. You will probably be better off with a 10" tablet that is more slated towards entertainment. So quit hating.

You hit the nail on the head!! The reason why I want to get the Flyer over the other tabs is for it's awesome note taking capabilities. I'm personally not concerned with playing games on my tab.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
estroner