A world without an Internet connection

bloodplanet

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
Actually, we DID have a world like that before. If I were living in the world without Internet, I think I would live just exactly the same as those who lived in the past: reading books, go out to play with friends and family. It is not that hard, just because we are not familiar with it now, I had lived it many years ago before the Internet reached my country (approximately 1998 I guess).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And those of us who remember 5 cent pay phones remember a world with no internet, almost no homes with telephones, no TV (it wasn't introduced commercially until 1946) - but we listened to the radio, we read books (usually from the library, if you read a lot), we actually talked to neighbors and friends and, when we were young, made our own toys. (If there are trees, there are bows and arrows. And I learned, from a then-elderly neighbor, how to make stone points for my arrows, and how to find feathers and fletch them. I was the only 5 year old who could shoot straight.)

Then I got into college - and we studied vacuum tubes. Transistors? Those were little toys that would never amount to much.

(But today I carry my cellphone in a holster on my belt. Just try to find a pay phone.)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It would be kind of great to be honest. I grew up in the 90s, watched some TV and had a PlayStation but spent a lot of time outside and loved it. I didn't get used to having regular internet access until my late teens, and although it's very convenient to look things up on Google it certainly isn't needed. Social media I could do without, it's stressful, yet almost a must in modern society.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I'd lose it and have a mental breakdown of the worst kind, maybe angrily scream in front of the ISP's local shop all day until they turned it back on.

Martin A

Dec 18, 2020
Visit site
I was born in 1979
I remember how fashiniting i was typing basic on the commodore 64 and 128.. in 1985.
And playing really cool and fun games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys89