A Worthy Upgrade?

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone has been so future proof, with 512 GB storage (Most flagships are still at 128 or 256.), stereo speakers, always on display. I know of course that there are phones with higher specs now, but they all lack my beloved headphone jack. I'm just not willing to part with that deprecated technology yet. Now, I'm willing to take a bit of a hit in storage capacity if it means I can get an upgrade still retaining the jack.

Of course there are some phones that are an upgrade and have the jack, such as the Sony Xperia 1 II and the Motorola Edge +. However, I want to stick with phones from VZW so I can get support if something goes wrong with it. They don't carry the Sony phone. The Moto phone is in their lineup, but I read it lacks an AOD, which I've become totally hooked on.

So my question is: is there a phone out there that has an AOD, stereo speakers, reasonably similar storage and RAM capacity, while still retaining the headphone jack out there, or would I be better off just keeping the Note 9 for another few years?

Thank you.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I think it's only available as 128Gb but otherwise the LG V60 should fit your needs, I'd take a look at that in comparison to the Motorola.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you - I keep looking at all the new "Candy" as it comes out, drool a bit, keep on truckin' along with my 512 Note 9. Can not find a reason to move forward yet... the unit just keeps on doing everything I ask it to do and more, it hasn't lost any speed or noticeable battery capacity! I'm going to just keep going with it until something really "Floors" me - I know that neither the Note 10 nor S20 series did so, maybe the upcoming Note introduction in August/September - we'll see!!! I'll probably choke on the price at that point!

v65rider

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Same boat. Note 9 keeps chugging along. Have not needed to add a SD card when I can't even utilize its current memory. My SO, on the other hand, had to add a 256GB SD card since her Note 9 was only the 128GB version and it filled up pretty quickly.
25c64a087475c6ecf0086a09db1c31c9.jpg

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just have the 128gb, but haven't used an SD card. I have a few new in package because they were good deals because I thought I might need them.

I'm not sure if a headphone jack is needed. I forgot my $20 Walmart around the neck bluetooth for work and my works little kiosk had a $20 pair. Both work good for phone calls, music and video. So now I'm more interested in the Note 20.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I do have other phones, however I keep using the Note 9 because its still one of the best complete packages. Everything just works well espically the viberate motor and I keep notifications on viberate at home alot. The S10E is a great compact package but needs to be put in a glass jar just to hear it viberate. However they are still my 2 favorite phones and I see no need for me to move on and continue to use both for different needs.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just have the 128gb, but haven't used an SD card. I have a few new in package because they were good deals because I thought I might need them.

I'm not sure if a headphone jack is needed. I forgot my $20 Walmart around the neck bluetooth for work and my works little kiosk had a $20 pair. Both work good for phone calls, music and video. So now I'm more interested in the Note 20.

Ive got the "Note 20 Unpacked Event" in my calendar as an appointment so I can watch it - I'd love to just see what it's got. Now that I'm retired, it'll probably be out of my price range but I'd still like to take a peek - I have some "Play Money" stuffed away that I never spent on the Note 10 so it's actually earned some interest!!! We'll see... as I said in my last post, it's going to take some big "BANG" to get me to leave my Note 9 Deb!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone has been so future proof, with 512 GB storage (Most flagships are still at 128 or 256.), stereo speakers, always on display. I know of course that there are phones with higher specs now, but they all lack my beloved headphone jack. I'm just not willing to part with that deprecated technology yet. Now, I'm willing to take a bit of a hit in storage capacity if it means I can get an upgrade still retaining the jack.

Of course there are some phones that are an upgrade and have the jack, such as the Sony Xperia 1 II and the Motorola Edge +. However, I want to stick with phones from VZW so I can get support if something goes wrong with it. They don't carry the Sony phone. The Moto phone is in their lineup, but I read it lacks an AOD, which I've become totally hooked on.

So my question is: is there a phone out there that has an AOD, stereo speakers, reasonably similar storage and RAM capacity, while still retaining the headphone jack out there, or would I be better off just keeping the Note 9 for another few years?

Thank you.
I don't want to lose the led color notifications either. I am one of the very few who loves them... but I would switch if somebody brought back the ir blaster. I bought a tiny USB C ir blaster accessory for my Note 9 and use it often. Still wish it was built in.

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for 5G to become the prevailing thing -- Maybe.

I had to upgrade my Samsung S6, it was running out of memory at 60 of 64GB. After 2 years, my Note S9 is at 50 of 128GB.
It appears to be much more memory efficient, or maybe just a lot less crap ware.
I also get much higher downloads than the S6, and much better phone reliability in my house.

There just is no good reason to part with my Note 9.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe