Absent face unlock/3d face id

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a p20 pro and that face unlock was awesome and was secure enough. Its so freaking fast it's like completely bypassing the lock screen sometimes.
That right there is my biggest gripe towards face unlock in Android. iPhone on the other hand, I can hide ally notification content in the lock screen unless I look at it and it will show the notification content rather than going straight to the home screen. Makes a huge difference when you have face unlock. I hope Google does something like that.

Vikas204

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Google has already stepped up their game. Their UI is the smoothest ever seen. People who convert from an iPhone to a pixel, it would be a big game changer for them.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Frankly on first impression with the OP6T I've found face ID to be annoying because it works too well. There are times when I just want to see the notifications or media controls on the lockscreen and face ID adds needless steps by unlocking, forcing me to pull down the notification shade. Really annoying when all I want to do is skip to the next song.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Frankly on first impression with the OP6T I've found face ID to be annoying because it works too well. There are times when I just want to see the notifications or media controls on the lockscreen and face ID adds needless steps by unlocking, forcing me to pull down the notification shade. Really annoying when all I want to do is skip to the next song.

Happens to me also , it's that quick lol

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't want face Id. If Google did that and removed fingerprint, I'd be pissed. My girlfriends iPhone won't unlock consistently while wearing glasses, sunglasses, ski goggles, hats, low light conditions. It's nice when it does work, but having to enter a PIN like it's 2007, just seems ridiculous now. Fingerprint works every time for me regardless of what I'm wearing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't want face Id. If Google did that and removed fingerprint, I'd be pissed. My girlfriends iPhone won't unlock consistently while wearing glasses, sunglasses, ski goggles, hats, low light conditions. It's nice when it does work, but having to enter a PIN like it's 2007, just seems ridiculous now. Fingerprint works every time for me regardless of what I'm wearing.

I like to have both

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If Google didn't have the finger print senor and relied only on face unlock I would have stayed on ios. One of the main reasons getting a pixel was the amazing sensor.

Vikas204

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I think they still should try to improve the fingerprint sensor there are many other flagship phones out there that have blazing fast response. Such as the OnePlus and the PocoPhone F1

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think they still should try to improve the fingerprint sensor there are many other flagship phones out there that have blazing fast response. Such as the OnePlus and the PocoPhone F1

I added my same left index finger a second time and mine is instantaneously fast and never misses.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe