AC Members - Show us Your Pets!

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm so sorry, Kristein. Desmond is sick. We're waiting on test results but we suspect cancer.
d42510d6aae5854af27453d3efcbe461.jpg
Hi. Wondering if you got the results. Been thinking of you and Desmond

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Wondering if you got the results. Been thinking of you and Desmond
Thank you. And yes, we did. It's not cancer, but it may be Pleural Effusion. Either way, it's in his lungs and that's never good. We're probably on borrowed time. He's not even 3 years old. We might have a chest tube put in but we also don't want to prolong suffering. It's kinda touch and go. Right now we're just making sure he knows he's loved. Apart from labored breathing, he seems fine.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. And yes, we did. It's not cancer, but it may be Pleural Effusion. Either way, it's in his lungs and that's never good. We're probably on borrowed time. He's not even 3 years old. We might have a chest tube put in but we also don't want to prolong suffering. It's kinda touch and go. Right now we're just making sure he knows he's loved. Apart from labored breathing, he seems fine.

That is so awful. Poor Desmond. I definitely understand how you are feeling about being undecided. It's hard to know what to do. We are here for you!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Poor Desmond. I'm so sorry to hear that he is seriously ill even though it's not cancer. I'm sure he knows that you love him and are doing the best you can for him.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Gosh! I am soo sorry. It is a very anxious time for you. He is so cute. I am sorry he is sick. Glad it isn't cancer. I hope he gets better.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
It's weird. He's bouncing off the walls this morning. Looking at me and my wife with those eyes like he needs ALL the attention. It's just his breathing. The x-rays show it and they've pulled fluid from his lungs. But he acts fine.
Please let us know if we can do anything. Even virtually!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It's weird. He's bouncing off the walls this morning. Looking at me and my wife with those eyes like he needs ALL the attention. It's just his breathing. The x-rays show it and they've pulled fluid from his lungs. But he acts fine.
At least he seems happy, aside from the breathing. Hopefully the lungs will get cleared soon and he will feel much better.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the update. Just keep loving him. Hard decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter