AC Oneplus invite community

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
How to buy without invite?

I keep reading that you can buy one up until Christmas without an invite. However, I go to the website and it wants an invite. Does anyone have a link to where you can buy from one plus without an invite?

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to buy without invite?

Apparently the open ordering was only good while supplies lasted, but if you keep checking frequently maybe they'll have it again?

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site

Yep, I grew up in Canton and then went to YSU and lived 16 years in Youngstown. I'm up by Cleveland now.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Make an unboxing video, lol. :D

Ha, too late. Unboxed.

I am really impressed with this phone. And Cyonogen is fantastic. It's like stock Google "Plus" -- just a touch of extra features that make the user experience better, easier, and more fun.

Really impressed by the hardware too so far. Camera is so much better than my Nexus 5. Can't wait to pop a SIM in this baby and use this as my daily driver.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ha, too late. Unboxed.

I am really impressed with this phone. And Cyonogen is fantastic. It's like stock Google "Plus" -- just a touch of extra features that make the user experience better, easier, and more fun.

Really impressed by the hardware too so far. Camera is so much better than my Nexus 5. Can't wait to pop a SIM in this baby and use this as my daily driver.

Does it feel too big to use for phone calls? I'm still waiting on getting a sim in mine.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Yep, I grew up in Canton and then went to YSU and lived 16 years in Youngstown. I'm up by Cleveland now.

Cool. I lived there for 8 years. Originally from Cleveland. Live there now as well

Posted via...The One

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does it feel too big to use for phone calls? I'm still waiting on getting a sim in mine.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised at how one-hand capable the device is. It's not very wide (like say the Nexus 6) so it doesn't feel that difficult to handle. Reaching the top is trickier, but nothing that is unmanageable. Also, you can install a "Drop Down Notification Shade" app and have it be used with the Quick Launch shortcuts (under Settings > Buttons).

As for actually putting it up to your ear, it doesn't feel bad at all.

My only wish is that they didn't bother with capacitive buttons (I'm a big fan of on-screen buttons and have been for a long time). I just don't see any added benefit to the capacitive buttons because the screen is so large already and with Immersion mode, the software can already take advantage of the larger screen. So why waste the bezel space for capacitive buttons? They could've gotten rid of it and made the phone slightly less tall.

Anyway, so far, I'm enjoying my OPO. It's leagues better than my Nexus 5. I'm liking the camera, loud speaker, and screen. Build is great, too. And as I mentioned before, the software feels like stock Android "Plus". I'm running the Google Launcher with Moonshine theme: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=nexbit.icons.moonshine&hl=en&token=i7HK2y3W

First pic after opening it:
W9QK2JR.jpg

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any invites?

I have the Google launcher on it too. The one thing better on the Nexus 5 to my ears is the loudspeaker. The OPO just sounds very thin and tinny when I use it for music without earphones.

To me it's unwieldy for phone calls but so it the Nexus 5 lol.

tjdionson

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

For their one year anniversary, they are offering the one plus without invite. Hurry and buy now before it goes away again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86