AC Review Coming? (Update: It is here!)

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: AC Review Coming?

x2. Would love to see a full scale AC review. Thinking of picking this up to replace my LG G3

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I guess with all the Pixel excitement, they were all committed. I'd like to see a comprehensive review as well.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

There were so many good reviews of the pre production models, most probably wont do another one. I did see on one mini-review about 2 days ago, that the reviewer just got his official review phone, but still had a day or so left on the black out period enforced by LG.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Yep, but those reviews cautioned the issues they dinged could be due to demo units. Seems a diservice to not review retail units as followup. That said, plenty of media sites have not reviewed yet at all.

Jarvis73

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Just curious if those same units were fine in Korea to be review units what's different aside from lte frequencies? There's no American version of the SD820 is there?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

the actual release date in the US is not until the 28th, they probably can't release a review until that date.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well a lot of negativity in that review sounds bias to me.

Seemed fair to me. The battery life is the main ding (if that) in the review and is relative to the user. The other (second screen) is an issue to accidentally touch. Nope, overall seems a good review IMO. Not very detailed though and without other devices in measured comparisons. Seems like he got maybe 3 hours SOT, presuming a few = 2 or 3.

The performance issues are no different from any other Android device. Android is what it is. The relative openness comes at a price compared to the constrained but smoother iOS.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I agree with 2nd screen comments. Doesn't add much convenience if you have to swipe left or right, because a swipe down gets you the same shortcuts usually. Plus, it should be on the bottom because its a long ways to reach one handed. Given the option, I would have scrapped the 2nd screen, and had a shorter phone and had better battery life.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
review seems negative to me, I just ordered mine yesterday, now it has me thinking maybe I should have got the Z Force, but it didn't get a glowing review from AC either.

However, I will say (as I said in the comments), i am so tired of reading about a big phone being too big.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan