Question Accessing texts from Windows PC

jonathandratner

Sep 24, 2023
Visit site
Is there a way to access and reply to text messages sent to my Android phone from a Windows PC BUT WITHOUT needing to scan a QR code or to download software on the computer? Thanks very much for any assistance you can provide!

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I think if you have Google Messages as your "messaging app" on your phone for text/sms (Google Messages also permits for via RCS), then you can indeed have access to all of such from browser on a PC. I think you may indeed have an opinion to scan QR code to set it up, but I think that's just the convenient way to get the PC to the applicable link/url and associated to your account, instead of needing to employ more involved steps. I think from the browser if you save to favourites or desktop or save as web app, then you might not need to afterwards keep doing the QR code scan step.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The QR code is necessary to link the devices, but as spARTacus said, once you've linked them, you shouldn't have to scan again afterwards (although it might be necessary sometimes after a Chrome update). Your Windows PC doesn't have telephony, so it can't access your SMS directly -- there has to be some kind of link established.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to access and reply to text messages sent to my Android phone from a Windows PC BUT WITHOUT needing to scan a QR code or to download software on the computer? Thanks very much for any assistance you can provide!
Welcome to AC!
You would need a QR code or download software to your computer that's how it recognizes your message app and for security reasons