Accessory Decisions

minniemouse27

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an OG Droid (on its last legs) with two desktop docks (one for work and one next to my bed at home), an extra battery (not extended), and a car dock/charger.

I'm waiting impatiently for the Bionic next week and am trying to figure out what I need/want as far as accessories.

I don't use the car dock all that often, only occasionally so I'm not sure if I NEED it. I am expecting that my current car charger (not the dock) should still work w/ the Bionic as well. Heck I can charge my Kindle w/ it so it is a pretty standard charger!

I tend to use my extra battery for day long outings (Walt Disney World, etc) otherwise it stays in my purse for weeks, sometimes months, at a time. It seems like the extended battery would possibly be a better fit for me.

A standard or HD dock is going to be necessary...probably two like I have now. My thinking was to get one standard and one HD based upon my current use, but maybe that use would change and I should have two HD docks?

While the Lapdock looks amazing, I'm not sure I can rationalize the purchase. Definitely not a purchase to be made right now!

I've been looking at the Costco bundle deal ("free" standard dock, car dock, & extra battery w/ charger) and comparing that to purchasing the upgraded accessories (HD dock(s), extended charger) with my 25% corporate discount w/ Verizon along w/ the $30 NE2 I get off my phone.

It is such a difficult decision to make since we have no pricing as of yet (unless I missed it?).

Does anyone have any thoughts about which will be the better deal? I know it is great to get all the free stuff but if I really need/want the upgraded items and may not really use the car dock all that much...maybe getting everything from Verizon is the smarter choice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnathan319