Accidentally blocked messages to a certain type of numbers, can't figure out how to unblock.

21hcassel

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Re: Accidentally blocked numbers to a certain type of numbs7 prers, can't figure out how to unblock.

I was having this problem with my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 and the way I fixed it was a little different:

I opened my phone and went to SETTINGS -> Applications, then i clicked on the three dots on the corner and hit SPECIAL ACCESS. After that the third from the bottom choice said USE PREMIUM TEXT MESSAGE SERVICES and i hit the and hit ASK. That fixed the problem.

PattiCakesOhio

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Re: Accidentally blocked numbers to a certain type of numbs7 prers, can't figure out how to unblock.

https://youtu.be/D-Qwg36S86o

I read ALL of these posts and responses and have been working on this for an hour and a half straight with no luck. People would say go to this go to that but the same words or options just were not there! I may not be a technician but I'm not a dingbat.

Then resolved it in 10 seconds with this email. There is a God!

And yes I went through the whole rigmarole of five minutes of verification just to get on here to share this video.

I hope watching this video help somebody be as happy as I am right now. 😁🤗

Rcwamw

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site

Thank you so much Sprint upended texting which has me resigning up for everything! Then they wanted to do a hard reset and 3 minutes after watching video I fixed problem!!
I do wish I could hug you right now!!!

Kimann76

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site

I had to sign up just to say THANK YOU!! I've been trying to fix this issue for months, I've read so many posts and did everything but a factory reset because I was afraid of losing everything on my phone!! It took me less than 10 seconds to follow these instructions and it worked instantly!! Again thank you so so much!! I am forever grateful!!

Jodee6969

Jun 21, 2019
Visit site
It took me a bit more googling this morning after I posted this, and I finally found my answer on a T-Mobile forum (even though I have Verizon). I had blocked myself from Premium Messaging and the forum had a short tutorial on how to fix it.

How did you fix it. I did the same thing.... Please help

Last edited by a moderator:

melgil01

May 20, 2020
Visit site
In case anyone is still looking for updated answers on this thread, this is the solution for the Samsung Galaxy S10:

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Turn Premium SMS Permissions On / Off
Notes:

Steps only apply if you've previously used a messaging app to send a text to a premium content provider or short code.
Short codes are typically 5 or 6 digit numbers commonly used when participating in contests, making donations, etc.

• From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  • Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  • Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Apps.
  • Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-right).
  • Tap Special access.
  • Tap Use Premium text message services.
  • Tap the app then select an option:
:) Ask
:'( Never allow
:cool: Always allow

DoctorTronik

Aug 23, 2022
Visit site
I signed up for this account just so I can say thank you to everyone who posted a fix in this thread for their help; my mom has a Moto G Power (I think?) and I had to do a little digging in the Apps & Notifications settings, but I found the Premium SMS settings, and it turned out Textra had that permission blocked for some reason. It was such a simple thing and IT WORKED which was AMAZING because it happens far more frequently than I would like that I can't figure out how to make something work and the OS on my/my mom's phone will be just different enough from what everyone is discussing that I won't be able to figure out how to adjust the fix for my situation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I signed up for this account just so I can say thank you to everyone who posted a fix in this thread for their help; my mom has a Moto G Power (I think?) and I had to do a little digging in the Apps & Notifications settings, but I found the Premium SMS settings, and it turned out Textra had that permission blocked for some reason. It was such a simple thing and IT WORKED which was AMAZING because it happens far more frequently than I would like that I can't figure out how to make something work and the OS on my/my mom's phone will be just different enough from what everyone is discussing that I won't be able to figure out how to adjust the fix for my situation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Welcome to AC!
Glad you found this thread helpful.